+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie with worries about muscle and hair loss

Newbie with worries about muscle and hair loss

I have just begun and am on P1D8 and have currently lost 6lb. I have been doing lots of reading and am concerned about the possibility of losing muscle instead of fat. How do you know that you are only losing fat? and i have recently been reading about worrying hair loss suffered by people when the come off the drops. Does anyone have any information or experience with this? Also my muscles are beginning to feel very achy - i walk almost daily and do yoga once a week. I am enjoying the weight loss but am worrying that this may not be a very healthy way to lose weight.

Sorry i mean R1P2D8

One of the things that I've noticed this time around with my wife-to-be's round is that we've been taking sugar-free liquid vitamin B12. The hair loss this round has been pretty non-existent or slowed. I haven't noticed much in the terms of hair in the shower her entire round thus far. Might be something to look into. Plenty of vitamin places sell a liquid Vitamin B12. We get the Vitamin Shoppe store brand at a local Vitamin Shoppe store.

alaskanjessie
    I believe that muscle loss is the reason that you aren't supposed to exercise on this diet. I think if you were exercising then you would need to worry about muscle loss.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanjessie View Post
    I believe that muscle loss is the reason that you aren't supposed to exercise on this diet. I think if you were exercising then you would need to worry about muscle loss.
    100% true there. You aren't getting enough protein to repair muscle after an intense workout.

Jon and Jessie are correct. Over-exertion becomes an issue as it burns off the protein and on protocol you are just above protein starvation.

Thanks, i will try the B12. I'm also feeling really lightheaded today, is that normal?

Early on the HCG isn't up to full strength so you can wind up feeling a bit tired. Hang in there. You will feel better soon. I would advise you to also take Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. It stabilizes blood sugar levels.

+ Reply to Thread