+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leg Cramps and Dizziness

Leg Cramps and Dizziness

I woke up with really bad leg cramps last night - I've read in this forum that potassium would help - how much should I be taking every day - is pill form okay or ??

Also, I'm experiencing some dizziness - is there something I can take for that (B12 maybe?). Thanks!!

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by perez228 View Post
    I woke up with really bad leg cramps last night - I've read in this forum that potassium would help - how much should I be taking every day - is pill form okay or ??

Also, I'm experiencing some dizziness - is there something I can take for that (B12 maybe?). Thanks!!

Mary
    Apple Cider Vinegar - 2 Tablespoons in 8oz of water with a few drops of Stevia and some lemon if you want. Drink this 2 times a day.
    I also take Potassium supplements once every 2 days for the leg cramps, because I get them really bad.
    Thia

Hi Thia,

So is the Apple Cider Vinegar for the dizziness or for the leg cramps?

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by perez228 View Post
    Hi Thia,

So is the Apple Cider Vinegar for the dizziness or for the leg cramps?

Mary
    Leg cramps

Drinking lots of yerba mate tea (5-7 cups) and water (80-100oz) helped me when I felt weak or dizzy.

Can I take a potassium supplement every day?

Liquid Potassium is fine at 2 teaspoons per day.

Thanks Linda! I did the 2 Tbsp. of ACV with water/lemon/Stevia and my stomach can't handle it - I was sick and nauseous all night. Last night I had really bad leg cramps that woke me up 3-4 times. I found liquid potassium at my Walgreen's. Here are the ingredients: purified water, glycerin, citric acid, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, methylparaben. Is this okay or is there a specific brand that others are using? I want to be very careful right now because I think I'm in an official "stall" - I haven't lost much in the past 3-4 days but I'm concerned about being potassium deficient - that can lead to many problems.

Just a tip I read in a magazine: don't fall asleep with your toes pointed. I tried this last round (3) and had only 1 bout of leg cramps. That was before I had read about the toe pointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Sanchez View Post
    Just a tip I read in a magazine: don't fall asleep with your toes pointed. I tried this last round (3) and had only 1 bout of leg cramps. That was before I had read about the toe pointing.
    Fascinating! I have never heard of this but it does make sense to me.

+ Reply to Thread