+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stall and hungry too...

Stefani

Stall and hungry too...

Ok I am off the drops now and am doing well in maintenance. But my MIL is at a stall. Gained 1.25 four days ago (lack of water), lost .75, lost .5 yesterday, nothing today. That seems so wrong. She has been super compliant. I am the one making her meals. Chicken or turkey breast with garlic powder, pepper and sometimes basil, oregano or a T of liquid aminos for a change. One veggie no flavor or anything. Water consumption is at a high (we measured for her body weight). And she is eating her fruit and cut out the melba and grissini in the first week. So about 20 minutes ago she revealed to me that she felt hungry. First time since the second week. Is she becoming immune to the drops? Should I tell her to come off the drops and go into maintenance? or should I have her come off the drops one day a week to break the immunity if she is immune at this point? please let me know.

Stefani, so you are on Phase 3 and your MIL is not "she is in a stall" ?? Is she on Phase 3? If not, why is she eating turkey?

Also -no liquid aminos on P2.

I am reading that she is on Phase 2 still. Repeating what the other ladies have already said, no turkey and no Amino acids. She may find that the extra herbs are a problem. Cut back to the garlic, black pepper and salt (small amount) and see what happens.
    Did she touch anything that might have had oil on/in it? Shake someone's hand? I went to a few stores one day, across the street from the trailer eateries and gained. I shouldn't have touched the door handles or put my hands on the tables. Such a small thing, but a gain from it, non the less.
    ACV is a good addition. 2 Tablespoons to 8 oz of water with a little flavored Stevia thrown in for taste. I started that a few days ago and had a sudden loss.
    I hope things were better this morning.

Stefani
    Ok so she is agreeing to cut out the turkey and the amino acids. Problem is that leaves her with only chicken to eat. She is already consuming more meat than she is accustomed to. She does prefer cottage cheese and wont eat eggs or beef. This diet is not that huge of a deal to her seeing that she doesn't eat much even when not on hcg. We did have an issue. The organic apples I found were quite large and she has told me to go back to the little ones too. We think this may be a factor. Meat is our biggest obstacle too. She is almost a shut in so the possible touching stuff senario is kind of a stretch. Like I said, I am wearing gloves and not cooking our foods near hers. So we will cut out the turkey and aminos and go back to the little apples and see where that gets us. We have two friends that are on the program too and they told us this morning that they also had the same problems in their third week of P2. We have all encouraged her to keep it up for a few more days before giving up and lets see what happens. And how many times with the ACV a day, twice?

Yes, ACV is advised twice a day.

Stefani
    thanks Linda. The stall broke and she has lost a pound yesterday and a pound today. Our friends Sue and Ron encouraged her to keep going and so she did and she is so happy she did.

Wonderful news Stefani. She won't regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Yes, ACV is advised twice a day.
    What about in your bath?>
    Waltia' Janee'

+ Reply to Thread