+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone been using the Hunger Scale (from Weight Loss Apocalypse) during P2 or P3?

Red face Has anyone been using the Hunger Scale (from Weight Loss Apocalypse) during P2 or P3?

Hi guys 'n gals,

Has anyone been using the Hunger Scale (from the book Weight Loss Apocalypse) during P2 or P3?

I've been using the Hunger Scale for a few days now and have learned a HUGE amount about my habit of overeating...

But I've decided that it's not good for me to use the hunger scale in P2 as I'm eating too few calories becuase of it (approx 315-350) instead of my pre-hunger-scale 420-450 calories. I think the lower calories is affecting my weight loss, as my numbers have been a little lower. Has anyone else tried the hunger scale in P2 and found it to affect their numbers?

But I do think the hunger scale is a BRILLIANT tool, and I know intuitively that the Hunger Scale will be brilliant for me to use during P3, to re-learn how to eat more appropriate amounts. Has anyone tried the hunger scale in P3?

** I've made a video talking about all this. Watch it HERE and let me know what you think! http://youtu.be/noDS4t8RIjw

And let me know what your experience has been like with the Hunger Scale too. I'm so curious!

Love,
    HappyConsciousGal
    Watch my HappyConsciousGal VLOG *RIGHT HERE*
    I love all your comments... especially the juicy ones!
    ---------------------
    Friend me on Facebook: "HC Gal"
    Follow me on Twitter: "HappyConshusGal"
    Find me on MyFitnessPal: "HappyConsciousGal"
    -------------------------------
    Fat Liberation Tally: 50 pounds liberated!!!

This is not a protocol about counting calories. The 500 Calorie diet is a guideline. We are instructed to eat the 8 items per day and that is all. Think of the food as a prime for the pump of HCG. You are not living on the calories. You are living on the HCG released abnormal fat. There is a delicate balance of HCG to food that happens on the protocol. The food seems to activate the syphon of HCG released fat.
    Phase 3 Maintenance is also not about counting calories. We just want to learn to pay attention to our body while we are eating. There is obviously more to it but our goal on Maintenance is allow our body to determine communicate appetite and when it is full.

HI Linda, thanks for your input.

I probably didn't explain myself clearly above. Sure thing, I know this Protocol isn't about counting calories. I've been using the Hunger Scale to learn how to eat when I'm hungry. It has nothing to do with counting calories.

I just noticed that if I only ate when I was hungry then I ended up eating less than the 8 items and therefore less than the 500 calories. And I noticed my weight loss slow.

So now I've decided to leave aside the Hunger Scale for now, and just eat all the items on the Protocol, which means the normal amount of 500 calories, even when I'm not at all hungry.

But in P3, when we are on our own and trying to learn how much to eat without gaining, I think the hunger scale will be an amazing tool, as it will help me learn to eat only when I'm hungry and stop when my hunger is gone, so that I don't overeat.

Love,
    HappyConsiousGal
    Watch my HappyConsciousGal VLOG *RIGHT HERE*
    I love all your comments... especially the juicy ones!
    ---------------------
    Friend me on Facebook: "HC Gal"
    Follow me on Twitter: "HappyConshusGal"
    Find me on MyFitnessPal: "HappyConsciousGal"
    -------------------------------
    Fat Liberation Tally: 50 pounds liberated!!!

I understand. Yes, it seems it might be a useful tool to help if you find you are unnecessarily snacking.

+ Reply to Thread