+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Veal

Veal

Sadie, in this quote from Pounds & Inches, Dr. Simeons seems to be saying that we should eat "low-grade" veal for one meal and chicken or fish for the other.

"For instance, American beef has almost double the caloric value of South Italian beef, which is not marbled with fat. This marbling is impossible to remove. In America, therefore, low-grade veal should be used for one meal and fish (excluding all those species such as herring, mackerel, tuna, salmon, eel, etc., which have a high fat content, and all dried, smoked or pickled fish), chicken breast, lobster, crawfish, prawns, shrimps, crabmeat or kidneys for the other meal."

First of all, what's low-grade veal? My market has chops and scalloppini. The scalloppini is easy to buy because it's really small slices, so it's easy to cut into a 100g serving. But is that "low-grade"?

Second of all, veal for one meal every day? Really? I've been trying to eat veal for a meal every other day, but is that's enough?

Hi Lisaks - Regarding the veal, a lot of our customers can't eat that much veal. It's not a meat they enjoy and so we've found that if you do mix up the proteins between fish and chicken, the weight loss is still really great. We'd recommend only eating beef 1-2 times per week for best results. Low grade veal is typically from a younger animal that doesn't have as much fat. Hope this helps clarify. If you have any other questions, please let us know. ~ Sadie
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com
    Customer Service Supervisor
    Certified Holistic Health Counselor

Hours: 6am - 2pm MST Monday - Friday

www.YourHCG.com | www.Facebook.com/YourHCG | www.Twitter.com/Your_HCG

Thanks Sadie; I don't enjoy eating it either but I wouldn't say that enjoyment was my top priority on protocol, it's more about tolerance.

By the way, I asked my butcher at the market last night and he told me that the scalloppini was the lowest-fat veal they had.

-Lisa-

That was very helpful of your butcher! So nice when you can ask them questions as well. If you need anything else, please let us know. ~ Sadie
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com

Well, just to clarify; do you consider veal a "potential staller", like beef, or do you think it's as good an option as fish or chicken (if one can bring themselves to eat it)?

Hi Lisaks - I believe it's as good of an option as fish and chicken, but like you mentioned, not everyone can bring themselves to eat it. American beef is very fatty, so veal offers a less fatty option. We haven't seen any customers stall from eating veal, but we have seen them stall when eating beef. ~ Sadie
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com

Thanks for the clarification!

-Lisa-

+ Reply to Thread