+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rough Day

Rough Day

I'm having a tough one and I could use some encouragement from my P2 brothers and sisters out there. Up to now it hasn't been too bad, but right now, I'm on R3P2D11, I've lost just under 5 pounds, and I'm hungry, freezing cold, cranky, and stupid (mentally slow). Somebody please tell me I'm not crazy for putting myself through this.

Smile Follow-up

Update: I'm doing soooo much better; sometime late in the afternoon (between lunch and dinner) it just got easier. I don't fully understand why that is, maybe it's just a detox symptom.

And the good news is, even though yesterday was my roughest day on the protocol so far this round, I got through it, and the scale dropped 1.2 pounds this morning.

I'm so glad that your day got better! It is pretty crazy how much those detox symptoms can effect our day to day activities. Your body is getting rid of sugars and starches that it doesn't need, and your body definitely feels it. Great job on the loss! Hope that helps keep you motivated but if you need anything at all, please let us know. ~ Sadie
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com
    Customer Service Supervisor
    Certified Holistic Health Counselor

Hours: 6am - 2pm MST Monday - Friday

www.YourHCG.com | www.Facebook.com/YourHCG | www.Twitter.com/Your_HCG

I'm having another rough one. This is my third really hard day on this round. D11 was hard, D18 was hard and I called customer service the next day and Nicole gave me some tips that helped a lot, and now D22. I woke up with leg cramps and a headache, and I've felt cold weak, nauseous and trembley all day so far. Headaches always make me feel nauseous and weak, but this is really hard. And I don't tolerate aspirin well, so that's not an option for me.

I had a baked apple with cinnamon mid-afternoon and it helped a little. But my leg still hurts from the cramp I had this morning; it never totally went away, and I'm freezing cold and just generally feel like crap.

I take ACV every day, and I take a 99 mg potassium supplement once a day. Do you think more potassium might help?

Hi Lisaks - I'm sorry to hear you had another rough day. Before introducing even more potassium, we'd recommend speaking with your physician. Too much potassium can be harmful to the kidneys. If you don't mind me asking, what is your current weight and how much water in ounces are you drinking per day? Also are you taking a B12 supplement of any kind? Sometimes with headaches, having a cup of coffee or even green tea can help relieve them without having to move onto an over the counter pain medicine. Let me know about the water & B12, and I can help you along with this a little further. ~ Sadie
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com

Thanks Sadie, I am currently at 152.0 and I'm drinking between 100-140 oz of water every day, plus a cup of green tea and a cup of coffee. I haven't been taking a B12 supplement. I'm now on day 24, I've only lost 10.2 lbs but I've lost a bunch of inches. Not great stats but not terrible, I guess.

I have a "mid-protocol" visit scheduled tomorrow to my chiropractor/nutritionist, who's HcG-friendly, and I'll ask him about the quantity of potassium and the B12. I know that I am eating a lot of salt, and when I am out in the heat, I take a couple of potassium pills throughout the day which seems to help me tolerate the heat more comfortably, so I didn't think an extra one would be an excessive dose. How much do you think is too much?

Yes, the weekend was really tough, but in retrospect it seems like it was a detox issue. Sunday morning I felt so crappy I could barely get out of bed, but I had a bowel movement in the middle of the day, (sorry if that's TMI), my nausea immediately disappeared and my headache reduced by 3/4. It was kind of magical. That must have been some nasty stuff by body was trying to process. I feel fine today.

Hi Lisaks - I'm glad that you are feeling better! If you want me to email you a questionnaire, I can see if we can get your loss going a little more. You can email me at sadie@vitalmend.com and I will send that over to you. The water intake is great, and that's a good amount of green tea and coffee to drink each day. Regarding the potassium, your physician would be the best one to tell you how much is too much to take per day.

That's great that you are losing inches. It's definitely hard to remember it's all about the pounds AND inches, but I am glad you are realizing that. It can be frustrating when the scale doesn't move, but when you notice that your clothes are feeling a little baggier, it's a great feeling.
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com

Hi Lisaks - I'm glad that you are feeling better! If you want me to email you a questionnaire, I can see if we can get your loss going a little more. You can email me at sadie@vitalmend.com and I will send that over to you. The water intake is great, and that's a good amount of green tea and coffee to drink each day. Regarding the potassium, your physician would be the best one to tell you how much is too much to take per day.

That's great that you are losing inches. It's definitely hard to remember it's all about the pounds AND inches, but I am glad you are realizing that. It can be frustrating when the scale doesn't move, but when you notice that your clothes are feeling a little baggier, it's a great feeling.
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com

+ Reply to Thread