+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Keep losing weight in P3

OK thanks Linda, I'm entering into P4 as of today, I did have a little steel cut oats today. I made it in the microwave (1/4 cup) and it overflowed, so besides getting a pretty bad steam burn to my left hand, I only had about 3 or 4 bites of the steel cut oats. Think I'll try 1/2 cup brown rice tomorrow and not try the steel cut oats again!!!

Tammie, OUCH! so sorry this happened. How is P4 going for you?

It's going ok. I did really well with the steel cut oats (I've been making them on the stove now) and I even did good with the bananas, but I wasn't able to eat lunch on Monday at work and when I got home, I just made something quick (cheddar brats) and a small baked sweet potato with butter, stevia and cinnamon and I had a small gain. Other than that I'm still 3.1 lbs under my LDW. So all is going good. I'm going to try to eat as lean as I can til Sat. so that I can indulge a little on Easter. I gotta have some ham and my mom always makes it with a honey or brown sugar glaze. That'll be my little cheat. Other than that, I really don't have any cravings for starch or sugar. I will be doing P4 for 6 weeks so I'm sure at some point I will want it.

Oh yeah, go easy on Easter. Ham will be fine.

Yeah, that's what I thought. It's weird though, I had steamed fish for dinner with some cucumber and a little homemade ranch dressing and I gained .5 lbs this morning!! That's more than what I gained eating the cheddar brats!!! My fingers are swelling really bad since I got burned and they are very blistered. I'm wondering if the extra water weight is causing the gain more so than the food. Any thoughts?

You should really try steel cut oats with a little bit of pure peanut butter in it, then slice a half banana on top, Yummy!
    Last edited by Christer; 04-05-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Tammie Walker Rearick View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought. It's weird though, I had steamed fish for dinner with some cucumber and a little homemade ranch dressing and I gained .5 lbs this morning!! That's more than what I gained eating the cheddar brats!!! My fingers are swelling really bad since I got burned and they are very blistered. I'm wondering if the extra water weight is causing the gain more so than the food. Any thoughts?
    Most definately caused by a burn!

Would say it's the burn too. I once gained 3.6 pounds over a night when I burned one of my hands by grabbing a handle of a frying pan that had been in the oven for 20 minutes. Went to grab the handle so I could scoop out what was in it and forgot my pot holder. The good news is that I lost it all over the next 48 hours.

Hey Jon! Always good to hear from you.

So I made it thru Easter ok. I did cheat a little, I had about 1/2 cup of white rice (sorry, but I'm Korean and can't have a holiday meal without rice) and I ate the ham (which did have brown sugar or honey glaze on it) and also 2 bites of my sister's awesome cream puff pie (full sugar and cream puff crust). I only gained 1.6 lbs which still puts me 2.6 under LDW. I did also get pretty sunburned over the weekend too, so that probably had a little to do with the gain!! Oh well, all in all, I'm ok with it. Hope everyone had as wonderful of an Easter as I did!!!

+ Reply to Thread