+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Plans

Weekend Plans

As the weekend is quickly approaching, lets try something new! What are your plans for the weekend AND what meals do you have planned for the weekend? Feel free to share your meal plans that are HCG friendly so others may get ideas too! The diet can be hard because it's limited, but trying new foods and flavors help keep it interesting! If you need a refresher on the protocol, you can find it here - http://www.yourhcg.com/hcg-diet-overview/.
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com
    Customer Service Supervisor
    Certified Holistic Health Counselor

Hours: 6am - 2pm MST Monday - Friday

www.YourHCG.com | www.Facebook.com/YourHCG | www.Twitter.com/Your_HCG

I missed this last week. I went to a garden expo and did some gardening. Thankfully I will be P3 by the time I harvest the sugar snap peas, green beans, zucchini, and tomatoes for salads! I planted raspberries this spring, too. I don't experiment with different foods. I just stick to what I like. Good thing I love garlic powder on everything! My favorite meals are chicken cut up in small bite sized pieces, a cup of water, a cup of celery, with lots of garlic and pepper, bring to a boil, simmer for about 1/2 an hour & my other fave is cut up veal "fried" in a pan with onions, garlic powder and pepper, and it like it to burn a little.

moni232829
    Tiffany, when I was on P2 my go to meal was also the chicken with celery soup. I could eat it for lunch and dinner for about 2-3 days straight. I always made enough to last a few days. I also enjoyed the mock egg rolls with chicken and steamed cabbage. I rarely ever ate the melba toast, but the few times I did I would have it as a crust on top of a baked apple with cinnamon. Now that I'm on P4 I still find myself returning to those same meals because they were so good to begin with. I'm not one to experiment recipes so when I discovered what I liked I just kept with it.

What are the mock egg rolls?

I'm not sure what the mock egg rolls are, but here is a recipe for Cabbage Wraps:

2-3 big cabbage leaves
    1 c. shredded cabbage
    1/8 tsp garlic powder
    1/8 tsp Chinese Five Spice
    1 piece melba toast
    100 grams cooked chopped chicken breast or shrimp

Steam big cabbage leaves for 5 minutes. More leaves over to side of steamer to make room for shredded cabbage. Steam both for 5 minutes. Remove shredded cabbage and place in a mixing bowl. Add chopped chicken or shrimp and spices to bowl. Mix and then wrap in big cabbage leaves. Garnish with Melba toast. This will count for 1 protein, 1 vegetable, and 1 serving of Melba t
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com

moni232829
    Sadie, that's the recipe for the mock egg rolls! I used everything on the recipe expect for the melba toast.

Okay, great! I'm glad we were on the same page.
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com

I would do that on P3 to do a veggie mix with onions, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli! Sounds good

That would be really good on maintenance. You could do something similar with the cabbage and make it have more of a Mexican food spin too, by adding in some chili powder, paprika, and cumin.
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com

jeng
    One of my favorite dessert treats is, an apple sliced up, with vanilla stevia,cinnamon, heated for 30-60 sec in the microwave then add a 1/2 tbsp of cream. Tastes like apple pie with vanilla ice cream....sort of!

+ Reply to Thread