+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How about an update?

How about an update?

Looking for an update from all my friends out there on any stage of this protocol. Would love to hear from you!

moni232829
    Hello! I'm currently on R1P2D27 and am down 15.3 pounds! Yes, I am absolutely thrilled with my progress. I have met my goal of losing 15 pounds and am just short of my goal of being on the program for 30 days. Hopefully within the next few days I can shed a couple more pounds, but if not I will still be happy with the weight I have lost. I am also contemplating doing another round after the 6 week maintenance time to lose an addition 10-15 pounds, but I'm not sure yet. Being able to exercise and eating right may be all that I need to do to shed some of the weight.

I would advise you to continue on the protocol for as long as you can to take advantage of the HCG being in your system. It isn't as though you can go on and off protocol easily.

Stacipagie
    Hello, I'm only R1P2D4, last night was a little hard but I stayed on track. My husband and I met a couple at a bar for drinks. I drank only water and lemon, which is cerainly not my normal. Not that I drink a lot but at least a couple, but then I would snack also, that has always been a big problem. I wasn't hungry because I ate before we left but all the food smells was making it hard not to want to order something. I am proud that I did not cheat. I have 26 days to go.

moni232829
    Great job sticking to it. I know how hard it is.

Great Job Staci! Way to hang in there. You can STILL have fun but without the food and alcohol.

mtbsunny

What I've Learned

Hi Linda,

I've been on maintenance, having completed week 3 of Phase 4 on April 19. My weight has been holding steady between 129-131 (LDW 129). Thanks for all your help and support throughout the journey! I'm leaner than I've been since I was racing mountain bikes seriously back in 2005, and I'm excited to get back to workouts and rebuild muscle. I'll have questions on that in a moment.

Here's what I've learned through the program:

How things I consume affect my body
    Cleaning out my system has allowed me to make some really great observations!
    1. Consuming sugar (1/3 C ice cream + 2 shortbread cookies) = weight gain. 1 day of carelessness requires 2 days to undo.
    2. Consuming alcohol and sugar (like at that dinner party last week) results in terrible stomach cramps and misery in the morning. Not worth it.
    3. Consuming alcohol (1-2 drinks) = rise in resting heart rate the following morning. Usual RHR is 59-61 beats per minute. ANY time I drink, my RHR the next morning is at least 65 bpm or more.
    4. Removing wheat (or, in this case, continuing to remove wheat) from my diet means I need a lot less sleep. I'm more energized, and have more stamina (I ride mountain bikes, and even my friends have noticed a difference). I've gone gluten-free.
    5. Dairy affects my sinuses, and causes congestion. Even, seemingly, yogurt. I'll be restricting it to twice a week or less.

What are my gotta-have-sugar-now triggers?
    --evenings
    --when I'm tired
    --when I let myself get too hungry

Strategies I've learned to deal with triggers
    --Have an evening sweet snack ready to go in case I want it (strawberries with almond milk & vanilla creme stevia; chamomile tea with orange stevia; plain yogurt + stevia with strawberries and chopped almonds)
    --Read what I wrote myself about how rotten I feel after eating sugar and how it's not worth it
    --Have snacks with me if I'm out (baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, nuts, an apple, etc)
    --Have things ready to go in the fridge, so I don't wander to unhealthy choices

New ways I look at nutrition
    --White potatoes are not food.
    --Breakfast before a 2-hour bike ride is not cereal with milk. It's broiled steak and sweet potatoes.
    --Swiss chard or beet greens sauteed with onion and olive oil. Who knew??

Final note: If, in Phase 4, you have made my mistakes and consumed too much sugar (from sweets and /or alcohol), and likewise felt really crummy in the morning, I urge you to write it down. Detail the effects on your body. Because you will forget, and will probably do it again. Re-read your nutrition journal entry every so often, till you no longer want sugary things.

Very best,
    Laura

Wonderful words of wisdom. Thank you so much for sharing this. What questions did you have?

moni232829

really nervous

Tomorrow I begin the end of P2, meaning it will be the start of my 3 days with no drops before beginning P3. I am very nervous in starting P3 because I'm afraid of not doing it correctly. One question I have is I know that if you go 2 lbs above LDW you should do a steak day, but what happens if you manage to continue to lose weight during this phase is that ok? Not meaning that I am deliberately going to try to lose more weight, but what if I am doing so well that my body just begins to lose on its own.

Also how soon in P3 can I eat tuna? When I eat tuna I love to have mayo, boiled egg, and chopped lettuce and celery in it, is this allowed? How soon can I begin eating cottage cheese and natural peanut butter. I remember when I did this program a few years ago, having cottage cheese with strawberries and almonds were a dessert for me and I just loved having peanut butter with apples, so I am anxious to start eating both of these again (this is probably what I am more anxious for in P3 rather than anything else).

Thanks for all of your help!

If your body continues to drop in weight - as most people do - change nothing from the P3 instructions. This is normal and your body will naturally regain this weight and bring you back to your LDW. The most important thing about p3 is to take your time. The first days (3-4) should consist of P3 SIMILAR type foods. However you can add to those foods turkey and hard boiled eggs with only one whole egg the rest in whites; and you can mix your vegetables. Have a max of 3 fruits and 1 cup whole fat milk, Just a trace of oil from cooking spray on your pans. The objective is to stabilize your weight. You will find that lots of lean proteins and vegetables will do just that.
    The second week of Phase 3 is time for tuna. At this point 2 tablespoons of fat per day will be the limit so remember that for your mayo. This is also the time for your cottage cheese or greek yogurt.

+ Reply to Thread