+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How about an update?

If your body continues to drop in weight - as most people do - change nothing from the P3 instructions. This is normal and your body will naturally regain this weight and bring you back to your LDW. The most important thing about p3 is to take your time. The first days (3-4) should consist of P3 SIMILAR type foods. However you can add to those foods turkey and hard boiled eggs with only one whole egg the rest in whites; and you can mix your vegetables. Have a max of 3 fruits and 1 cup whole fat milk, Just a trace of oil from cooking spray on your pans. The objective is to stabilize your weight. You will find that lots of lean proteins and vegetables will do just that.
    The second week of Phase 3 is time for tuna. At this point 2 tablespoons of fat per day will be the limit so remember that for your mayo. This is also the time for your cottage cheese or greek yogurt. All the instructions are on the tab marked Phase 3. If you have ANY QUESTIONS please ask before eating or doing it.
    Last edited by Sadie; 05-07-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Stacipagie

Checking In

Thanks Linda and Moni for the words of encouragement! Mtbsunny - loved reading your post! In fact that's what's gettng me through the tough days, is reading everyone's posts.

I'm now R1P2D9 - I'm down 8.4 pounds, so happy with that. My hardest time is at night; I work in a different time zone than my family- I have a 45 minute drive to and from work but I'm home hours before anyone, and leave the house hours before they get up. I think part of my weight problem is that I always ate so late and/or I would eat when I got home and eat dinner again with my husband. We decided that we would be in charge of our own dinner (what we eat and when we eat). This has worked out well besides last night when he made bacon and eggs at 10pm (my time, 9pm his time), it smelled so good. It was nice that I wasn't hungry; then when I went into the kitchen this morning, the smell of grease made me feel sick. I grabed my food I made last night and run out to work.... I had such bad headaches that I started taking my sinus pills again, I'll guess I'll see how that effects me.

I just spoke to a co-worker (he is the one who told me about this diet) and he has maintained for 3 years, which is very encouraging. He lost 47 pounds with one round on 45 days.

Thanks to everyone who posts.

Sorry about the headaches. Please try Aspirin before the sinus pills. They can make you stall.

mtbsunny
    Hey Stacipagie,

I experienced headaches for the first two weeks. How's your water intake? Sometimes increasing your water intake can help. I found doing a netti pot and applying pressure with my fingers on the sinus cavities to be helpful for sinus headaches as well.

moni232829
    Thank you, Linda for the help. I'm a teacher and tonight I had my last parent meeting of the year. To say thank you to the parents for all of their support this year I purchased a cake to share with them. As I was cutting the cake the smell was so yummy. But I held my own and didn't have any, not even a lick of the icing that got on my finger. I was so proud. Even the little wins feel so significant.

mtbsunny
    One more little anecdote.
    My husband told me right at the start of my P4 that he stepped on the scale and found he was below 200 for the first time in several years.

He attributed it to "second-hand dieting." Ahahahahhaaha!!

(to clarify, he has not been on the program)

I hate to tell you this Moni, please don't touch any food while on protocol. The skin absorbs any fat it comes into contact with while on HCG and it will make you gain even though you didn't eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbsunny View Post
    My husband told me right at the start of my P4 that he stepped on the scale and found he was below 200 for the first time in several years.

He may not be on the program but your healthy eating is rubbing off on him. GREAT JOB!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtbsunny View Post

He may not be on the program but your healthy eating is rubbing off on him. GREAT JOB!!

mtbsunny
    Moni,

While in P2, my young daughter suffered from extremely dry skin and needed immediate relief. Using what had worked in the past, I rubbed coconut oil on her legs. It took about 2 minutes, tops, before I washed my hands thoroughly. The next morning, my weight was up by 1.5 lbs. I was stunned, as I was carefully following the plan. The following day I was back down to the normal weight loss pattern.

So, 2 minutes of oil exposure on the palms of my hands stalled me.

There's a reason my the nicotine patch works, even though it's a small square of chemical pasted on your arm. Your skin absorbs everything.

+ Reply to Thread