+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Building muscle?

Gemini

Building muscle?

I am kind of a gym head.

Now- I know that if we go over by two pounds of our LDW, we are to do a steak day that day!
    That just pounds caused by fat, or is it muscle too? I weight lift and I need to know that if I go past my LDW
    building muscle do I do a steak day or not? What will happen to my reset? Am I not allow to build muscle like I want?

Gemini, Steak Days are for food weight correction not muscle weight correction. I don't want you building muscle until after Phase 4 when you are back to your normal eating. After then, you can do what you wish. However, I would advise you to still do Steak Days after an obvious splurge in food.

Gemini
    Okay, sounds perfect! Thanks!!

Linda,

As I reread Pound and Inches for a fifth time, I doesn't really say that you can't exercise, it just says it's not needed. It does advise against muscle building type of exercise, but I don't understand why cardio is prohibited.

Can exercise really stall you?

Exercise can stall you and many people pass out from it if they push it too hard. I have never said not to do cardio. Cardio is fine - just not heavy cardio (no running intense cardio tapes) or weight training. The first thing the body burns when you are exerting your muscles is protein and we are not eating a lot of protein on protocol. I say do your cardio but do it moderately. If you get lightheaded stop immediately.

Gemini
    That makes a lot of sense, Linda thanks!

Anytime, that is why I am here.

+ Reply to Thread