+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Preparing for P3

starmom

Question Preparing for P3

Hello Everyone...

I start P3 this thursday, 10/10. I have a good handle on the P3 food and intervals - especially first week. My question is on the skin/hair products. I am dying to use moisturizer, my skin so itchy; I have been applying so much of baby oil after shower and by evening, I am itchy again - especially parts of my arms and behind my knee. When is the safe day to start using my personal products? Also what about spa mani, pedi?? Please advise.

Day 1 of Phase 3 you can restart normal products. Find the thickest lotion and enjoy! That is the first thing I do the morning of P3 and next to the cream in my coffee the thing I look forward to most.

starmom
    Yaaay!! So I am presuming mani/pedi at spa is ok too?

Oh yeah!!!

starmom
    Thanks Linda. OMG.... looking forward to Thursday !! I have my entire evening planned LOL

Is it ok to include 2 tsp of EVOO for breakfast on thursday Day1 P3? Or wait for 3-4 days? I am planning to make scrambled eggs (1 whole egg + 2 whites) with bell pepper and onions. Yum !!

I would go slowly adding the EVOO. Try only 1 teaspoon. Remember we want to ease back into fats and dairy. Never go too fast the first week and the first 3-4 days remember LOTS of lean protein, chicken, turkey breast, steak, fish. That should be your focus.

starmom
    Ok, I would rather avoid the EVOO then for 3-4 days. I get carried away. P2 was such an easy phase to go through for me. P3 is my weakness since I am not good at gradually easing into the food choices.

As far as protein, the last 2 days of P2 I had shrimp. I think shrimp is a staler for me. For P3, is it ok to have even if I suspect it was a staler? Is that a good source of protein; I am so craving for it. I will have others too - chicken (boneless, skinless, lean, organic), turkey breast and fish (I had so much fish in P2 LOL)

Thanks Linda.

Yes it is fine to have because you aren't trying to lose weight. It is a GREAT source of protein. Marinade it in a little lemon juice, minced garlic and s & p and grill. OMG is it awesome.

starmom
    OMG... mouth watering... I will try that this weekend. Thanks for sharing Linda.

The problem is you can't stop eating them! YUM!

+ Reply to Thread