+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Repeat P3'ers -what will you do differently?

Banned

Repeat P3'ers -what will you do differently?

I'm almost ready to start my 6th attempt at R3. Eventually I regain a portion of my weight and have to start over again. This time I want to really think through my mistakes - what got me off track. I think my downward (actually upward on the scale!) spiral began when I would go over, just a little, my weight range and not do a steak day. Yes, I often would get back down in a couple of lean days and then think -"Ididn't need to do that steak day!" But then I would go really over, skip the steak day and STOPPED WEIGHING because I couldn't face the numbers on the scale. For me - I will address even the smallest gain past my ceiling with an immediate steak day - like we are told to do. What gets you off track? What will you do differently to keep your hardwork in place?

This is EXACTLY why you must do a steak day even if you are 0.1 pounds over your 2 pound limit.

Banned
    Yes, I AM A BELIEVER!

I will be more cautious with adding in fats the first 2 weeks. It will help in keeping a little distance in the 2.1 lb window.

Banned
    Tiffany, what kind of fats do you add? I have to be careful with nuts of any kind - they are a trigger food for me and I can really overeat with them.

Nuts are an issue for me too! Pecans are my favorite and I can eat them by the handful if I'm not careful.

Banned
    When Im being good I weigh out an ounce and put them in a snack baggie. We buy nuts in big bags at Costco and it is SO EASY to just eat out of the big bag...bad, bad, bad! We stopped buying peanut butter (natural chunky-yum) because my husband and I couldn't resist a spoonful or 2 or 3!

Yep! I hear ya. The holidays are the worst. My yogurt parfait is full of nuts every year. Not this year! I am going to portion them out.

+ Reply to Thread