+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting worried

JodyBarton

Getting worried

I was stable at 168.4 for almost a week into phase 3. Then TOM came, and I gained 2 pounds. And stayed there for a few days. This morning I was up another 0.7 (day 4 of TOM). My LDW was 170.9 (I think), so I'm only 0.2 over that but... Now I'm wishing I went a few more days on phase 2, to give myself more cushion. I will eat a ton of protein & veg today & see what happens maņana.

Hang in there Jody. TOM will be gone before you know it.

JodyBarton
    Happy to report, I'm down 1.1 today... but still not over yet

That happens with HCG. Your TOM will last longer and be less predictable for the next few months.

JodyBarton
    ok good to know... I was up 1.7 today, which negates my 1.1 pound loss yesterday. wonder why its fluctuating so much, when I was holding strong at 168.4, then at 170.4 for 4 days each... another round is definitely in my near future, as I'm not comfortable with where I am just yet... today I start my 3rd week of Phase 3. Just to confirm, since I was so confused, the last 3 weeks of maintenance are considered Phase 4, in which I can increase my exercise?? Running & light weight lifting are what I'm waiting to start up with. Thank Linda!

Happy to help Jody!

JodyBarton
    well, that 1.1 loss was followed by another 1.7 lb gain (and I've been here for 2 days now)- even though I'm still only 0.8 above LDW. Started running today- I needed to. I'm frustrated. I ate SO much protein yesterday, I can't believe I didn't lose anything! I had over 100 grams! Doing it again today to see what happens tomorrow.

100 grams per serving, or 100 grams for the day??

Pretty sure that phase 3 and beyond is 6 - 7 ounces for a meal, and 2 - 3 ounces if it is a snack... (obviously modified depending on how hungry/what your eating)

JodyBarton
    Quote Originally Posted by tygereye View Post
    100 grams per serving, or 100 grams for the day??

Pretty sure that phase 3 and beyond is 6 - 7 ounces for a meal, and 2 - 3 ounces if it is a snack... (obviously modified depending on how hungry/what your eating)
    I had over 100 grams of protein that day. Good to know about the portion sizes- I think I have been doing about 4 for a meal. I'm still holding strong at 171.7 5 days straight now. Guess it has nothing to do with my TOM after all. I've been using My Fitness Pal to track all of my calories & exercise. I even made my first almond flour bread last night- it was a nice change to have something like that again. Just going to keep up with my 1/2 marathon training I just started & see what happens. Sunday begins what I THINK is phase 4? My 4th week of maintenance??

100 grams of protein is what is done for phase 2, and only phase 2... Once your into phase 3, that gets increased... Maybe getting 2 -3 solid 6-7 ounce protein based meals in for the next few days will help out... balance it out with some good veggies... You should be good to go... You need way more that 100 grams of protein in a day...(I 'think' 100 grams is about 2-3 ounces) It is very strange to switch from phase 2 and eating so little, to phase 3, and "normal" portion sizes... Not what society thinks a portion should be, but a healthy portion...

+ Reply to Thread