+ Reply to Thread

Thread: refrigerator oatmeal

Hybrid View

JodyBarton

refrigerator oatmeal

for later in phase 3, I am pretty sure... made this for the family in 5 minutes last night, they had it for breakfast this morning. I will have some in my 2nd week, unsweetened of course.

http://weelicious.com/2013/06/10/refrigerator-oatmeal/

Ingredients
    1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
    1 cup whole milk, rice, soy or almond milk
    1 cup plain greek yogurt
    3 tablespoons honey
    Preparation
    1. In a bowl, stir together the oats, milk, yogurt and honey. Pour into small mason jars and stir in desired accompaniments.
    2. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days. Serve chilled.
    Accompaniments: 1/2 a banana, mashed or sliced, mashed or chopped berries (this works great with frozen berries too) ,flax seeds, chia seeds, a teaspoon of peanut or almond butter, dried fruits, chopped, almonds, walnut, cashew or pumpkin or sunflower seeds

Oats are also a P4 thing...

Phase 4 because of the Oats and if you use Rice or Soy milk and honey.

JodyBarton
    The print out I have from this site said: on day 22 of maintenance add 1/2 c oatmeal or steel cut oats (or brown rice or quinoa). Is that incorrect?? I would use stevia.

Is brown rice flour allowed only in phase 4?

Jody, day 22 is the first day of Phase 4 for those completing the first round of HCG so yes the steel cut oat would be appropriate. There are two parts to the Maintenance phase. Phase 3 no sugars or starches and Phase 4 slowly adding them back. This recipe was originally posted under Phase 3 recipes in error. I moved it here.

JodyBarton
    ok now I'm officially confused! I thought Phase 3 was 6 weeks of maintenance, and phase 4 was lifetime??? Guess I need to go back and read the instructions for everything

After round ONE Phase 3 is 3 weeks Phase 4 is 3 weeks minimum before you start another round or for life if you aren't doing another round. Each additional round increases the times on each phase.

JodyBarton
    ok, thanks for clarifying. just to confirm, if/when i do another round... do we fat load again? i feel like i read somewhere that we don't... want to make sure I have it correct

Yes, you must always begin a round of HCG with two days loading.

+ Reply to Thread