+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Another Newbie

  1. #1
    Imtryingto
    Guest

    Another Newbie

    HI, my name is Allison and I am new. I havent rec'd my package yet but Im trying to learn before it gets here.

    Can I still do my Insanity work outs?

    Which book/guide is best (other than pounds and inches) to find the foods were allowed to eat?


    Now i have to find time to read the pounds and inches (I have a 10 week old and a 4.5yr old, ha)

    TIA!

  2. #2
    Imtryingto
    Guest
    And...do you have to load? I've already been doing around 500cals/day. Ty!

  3. #3
    Definitely need to load to get you through the first week comfortably...read the section on loading.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtryingto View Post
    And...do you have to load? I've already been doing around 500cals/day. Ty!
    Welcome!!

    You never want to do 500 calories a day without the HCG. It will send your body into starvation mode VERY fast, (Which will likely result in very fast weight gain!) and will also potentially cause some major health issues!

    Like Tiffany said, loading is also VERY important. There is a thread in the forum on loading that Linda put together to get the best results.

    No, Insanity work out are not going to be allowed. The most you can do is daily 1 hour walks, this is because of the small amount of calories being taken in. If you do too much, it will potentially cause a gain, or a stall...

    Before you start anything, you should make sure you read through pounds and inches thoroughly, maybe a couple times... Good luck! There are a lot of people here that are very well versed in this diet if you have any questions. Reading through the different threads is also helpful, there is a TON of information tucked in throughout this forum!!

  5. #5
    Imtryingto
    Guest
    Thank you.

    Yes, there is a lot of info in this community! I was up all night trying to read as much as I could. I already know I wont be able to "load" too much. I just cannot, and havent
    had an appetite since giving birth. My weight has completely stalled since Im not eating.

    So I guess I'll have to quit Insanity (Im on day 23). Only walking an hour a day is gonna be hard. But Im thinking of making it a family thing (as long as it stays dry here).

    Im about to sit down and read pounds and inches now.

    Thank you again!

  6. #6
    Imtryingto
    Guest
    I sometimes just cant cook a meal with my son being so fussy lately, so are there approved replacement shakes that are ok? http://www.purehcgdiet.com/shakes/

  7. #7
    Administrator Sadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtryingto View Post
    Thank you.

    Yes, there is a lot of info in this community! I was up all night trying to read as much as I could. I already know I wont be able to "load" too much. I just cannot, and havent
    had an appetite since giving birth. My weight has completely stalled since Im not eating.

    So I guess I'll have to quit Insanity (Im on day 23). Only walking an hour a day is gonna be hard. But Im thinking of making it a family thing (as long as it stays dry here).

    Im about to sit down and read pounds and inches now.

    Thank you again!
    Here is the thing about loading. If you don't really do it well you can be VERY uncomfortable the first 10 days on protocol. If you are worried about the volume of food eaten during loading then focus loading on drinking - heavy cream works best. Also add, half and half milk and whipping cream - not from the can the kind you whip up yourself.
    Trust me, don't skimp on loading - you can live to regret it. Let me know if you need me to give you more ideas for loading. I am happy to help you through it.

  8. #8
    Administrator Sadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtryingto View Post
    I sometimes just cant cook a meal with my son being so fussy lately, so are there approved replacement shakes that are ok? http://www.purehcgdiet.com/shakes/
    The only shakes I know and work with is YourHCG.com protein shakes. I would try it and see how the scale likes it. Then I would have it 2-3 times a week max. The body seems to do best when most of the protein eaten is in it's natural form. The body needs to work to digest animal proteins not processed proteins like the shakes. We want to keep the body working which stokes the fires of the metabolism.

    Also, check the ingredients of the protein shake and make sure it is only sweetened with stevia and not other sweeteners. If there are any natural flavorings do not use it.
    Last edited by Sadie; 05-19-2013 at 11:18 AM.

  9. #9
    Imtryingto
    Guest
    I don't see me loading correctly, at all. I just can't imagine eating that much! But I'm going to try!

  10. #10
    Administrator Sadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,036
    PLEASE DO TRY!! If this wasn't important I would not pressure you to. Just stay full drinking heavy cream if you have to but don't skimp.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts