Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_c9a6a7c97c2a29133b241cd8d61f871c, O_RDWR) failed: Disk quota exceeded (122) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5554) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5554) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37
Planned interruption???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planned interruption???

Planned interruption???

Could someone please explain a planned interruption for me. Next month I have my aunts 60th bday party. That day will be p2d34. If I decide to end p2 early and am in p3 by then could u explain that. Thanks.

It was something Dr. Simeons talked about where you will take a break from Phase 2. If four days or more you will be off diet you will want to wean from the HCG for 3 days prior to that. If the break lasts more than two weeks, you will need to reload the first two days. While on your break you will want to eat Phase 3 foods. This enables more freedom of foods during the break. Dr. Simeons advises to do this only after the 20th day on diet and drops is completed. Otherwise it will interup the reset of the hypothalamus.

I would recommend not trying to navigate a food intensive family function until you have at least a week of P3 under your belt. You definitely wouldn't want to try it in the first few days.
    ~Jacqué. Committed to this process and attaining a healthier more active size.

I speak from experience when I say that it is actually easier to stay in P2 and not eat ANYTHING at a family gathering than it is to try to restrict yourself in the midst of all the social pressure to conform and all the temptations of treats.
    It is just so challenging to try to "eat clean" at a food gathering and then you start to think, well one bite of something unwise won't hurt, and the next thing you know you've slide down the slippery slope into self-destructive binge eating.
    But that's just my 2 cents.
    We're here to support you, whichever way you decide to go.

I've decided not to go to the party. But I think I am still going to do a 6 day interruption after the 23 days. That week I will be babysitting my 2 yr old cousin so I think it would just be easier. And I want to try to make it at least a total of 30 days on p2 so I think this break will keep me from going crazy

Here is the part where Dr. Simeons talks about interruptions in the protocol.

"Unforeseen Interruptions of Treatment If an interruption of treatment la sting more than four days is necessary,
    the patient must increase his diet to at least 800 Calories by adding meat, eggs, cheese, and milk to his diet after
    the third day, as otherwise he will find himself so hungry and weak that he is unable to go about his usual occupation.
    If the interval lasts less than two weeks the patient can directly resume doses and the 500-Calorie diet, but if the
    interruption lasts longer he must again eat normally until he has had his third dose.

When a patient knows beforehand that he will have to travel and be absent for more than four days, it is always better
    to stop doses three days before he is due to leave so that he can have the three days of strict dieting which are
    necessary after the last dose at home. This saves him from the almost impossible task of having to arrange the
    500 Calorie diet while en route, and he can thus enjoy a much greater dietary freedom from the day of his departure.
    Interruptions occurring before 20 effective doses have been given are most undesirable, because with less than that
    number of doses some weight is liable to be regained. After the 20th dose an unavoidable interruption is merely a loss of time."

I really don't think a 6 day interruption is going to be any easier on you. For the first 3 days you still have to do the exact same diet, but you won't have the drops in your system. And then for the next 3 days you will only be allowed one additional meal of the exact same composition as you have been eating all along. Dr. Simeons only allows 800 calories during an interruption, which would be the equivalent of adding one more 100 gram piece of meat and one more serving of vegetables and a fruit. Then on day 7, you would go back on the drops and drop back down to 500 calories, which I would worry might be an extremely hungry day for you since you wouldn't have the drops built up in your system any more.

If you are worried that you won't be able to make it 30 days, I think you would be much better off to just plan to do a 23 day round and have it be successful than to plan for a larger goal and run the risk of failing.
    If you actually just end your round on day 23, after 3 days you would begin protein loading and really would have a much greater dietary selection to choose from. The P3 diet is not the same as the "Interruption diet".

Well let me clarify, I would be off drops for 3 and then start the 6 day break. I'm a little confused cuz it says in P&I's that you can add dairy, cheese etc. but you are telling me no. If I do a 23 day round that would only leave me with 12 days to lose 17 pounds. The past 4 days I have only been losing a few ounces per day. This morning was only a .1 loss. So I'm afraid 23 days isn't going to be long enough.

Well, definitely wait for Linda to chime in. I know that YourHCG really recommends that you enter P3 in a very careful and systematic way, and generally we don't add in very much fat (cheese/dairy) right away, we're more concerned with making sure we replenish our depleted protein stores.
    But remember, it doesn't take very much food to make up an additional 300 calories. One ounce of cheese is 115 calories. 100 grams of roasted chicken breast is 165 calories. A medium sized apple is 95 calories. Just those 3 items is 375 calories.
    And yes, a 9 day break would I think would be easier than a 6 day break.

I think I'm just going to see where I'm at when I hit day 23. And just play it day by day.

+ Reply to Thread