+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itchy skin

Unhappy Itchy skin

I usually use an oatmeal moisturizer, especially in winter, because my skin gets itchy when it is dry. Obviously, I have not been using that, and have been sticking to baby oil and Corn Huskers Lotion. My back is driving me crazy! Linda, have you come across this at all, and what do you suggest.

My legs are a little batter from some serious baby oil layers, but my lower back feels like I have hives, which I do not. It feels soft, but Ugh!

Thanks,

Thia

Aveeno is on the approved list but have you tried baby oil gel?
    Waltia' Janee'

Quote Originally Posted by wltwll9 View Post
    Aveeno is on the approved list but have you tried baby oil gel?
    Actually, I wouldn't advise baby oil gel.

Thialc, So sorry - itchy skin is so irritating. Is there anyone who can help you with applying Corn Huskers?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Thialc, So sorry - itchy skin is so irritating. Is there anyone who can help you with applying Corn Huskers?
    Corn Huskers has not helped.
    Aveeno sun screen is on the list, but not regular Aveeno.
    My legs are a bit better with the baby oil, but I sit here practically squirming I want to scratch so bad... and that made things worse. )
    Ugh.

I doubt there is anything stronger and it is likely that using regular lotions will result in weight gain. Try the list again to see if there might be anything else that might help you. Due to the nature of conditions under which the products are selected there isn't going to be much that will seep into your skin. These products are selected because the molecules are too large to enter the blood stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I doubt there is anything stronger and it is likely that using regular lotions will result in weight gain. Try the list again to see if there might be anything else that might help you. Due to the nature of conditions under which the products are selected there isn't going to be much that will seep into your skin. These products are selected because the molecules are too large to enter the blood stream.
    Thanks Linda, that is what I figured, but I had to ask. I am on day 37, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. )

Thia

Thia, have you tried plain mineral oil? My skin is very dry also and I have had to apply it a few times but it has helped, if only temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaks View Post
    Thia, have you tried plain mineral oil? My skin is very dry also and I have had to apply it a few times but it has helped, if only temporarily.
    Isn't that what Baby Oil is? I put a ton on yesterday, and the night before. Yesterday, when I looked in the mirror I couldn't figure out why my hair was greasy. It is usually dry. I realized that I had inadvertently messed with my hair and was a grease ball. Started over after a shower. Thank goodness I looked in the mirror before heading out the door.

I'm not sure if baby oil is just mineral oil - it certainly has more fragrance, if nothing else. I've put it in my hair deliberately a few times and it gets pretty extreme - needs a real light touch! But it has worked on my skin.

+ Reply to Thread