+ Reply to Thread

Thread: eating all day

eating all day

On phase two, can I eat half an orange with my meal and the other half orange later as a snack? I just want to make sure this is okay.

gum

And can you chew gum on the diet

sierra
    From what I know. You cannot split up your fruits. You eat your fruit in one sitting each time you do fruit if you choose to.

Gum isn't allowed.

I have eaten half of my apple in the morning if I was hungry and eat the rest at lunch.
    not sure if its right or wrong tho...

Need to eat an item in one setting. It causes the body to get confused sometimes. It can think you are adding foods and cause stalls.

Interesting ! Thanks

I called and talked to the call center and they said its perfectly fine. So now I'm confused.

I think much of this protocol is finding what works for you. I too have split up my fruit, especially earlier on. I would quarter an apple and eat one piece mid morning, another with lunch, another for a mid afternoon snack if needed. I did this for more than a round and half before someone told me it wasn't suggested. It didn't seem to affect my losses at all, so I think that splitting up my fruit was fine for me. But I don't recommend it for other folks, who may have a problem with it. These days I don't even do a morning fruit (or occasionally a single apple quarter), so it isn't much of an issue one way or another.
    Linda has lots of wisdom in helping folks through stalls that may or may not be on the "official" protocol.
    ~Jacqué. Committed to this process and attaining a healthier more active size.

Quote Originally Posted by mmclaws13 View Post
    I called and talked to the call center and they said its perfectly fine. So now I'm confused.
    I go by what the protocol says. Dr. Simeons says to do it that way due to possibly confusing the body into thinking you are eating more than the 8 items per day and that is always what I have always advised. When in doubt always follow the original protocol. Also, keep in mind that not every body has the same level of experience with the protocol.

+ Reply to Thread