+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Loading day 1

I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. I haven't personally experienced any loss of sleep, so I don't know how to advise... Linda?
    Here is something Dr. Simeons says about sleep:

"Occasionally we allow a sleeping tablet or a tranquilizer, but patients should be told that
    while under treatment they need and may get less sleep. For instance, here in Italy where
    it is customary to sleep during the siesta which lasts from one to four in the afternoon
    most patients find that though they lie down they are unable to sleep."
    ~Jacqué. Committed to this process and attaining a healthier more active size.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Leigh View Post
    So has anyone experienced Insomnia?? It seems that ever since starting the drops I am now not sleeping . . . . If so any ideas on how I can get some sleep??
    First off, it is common to not need as much sleep on protocol as you normally do. However, caffeine might be causing this. Make sure no coffee, green tea, etc after 3pm. Try a cup of Chamomille tea before bedtime as it helps to relax you.

I will have to try the Chamomile Tea. Yes I am very sensitive to caffeine so I know not to drink any after 12 noon. Thanks Linda!!

Amy, that is a truely spectacular loss!!! I really do think it is the biggest one day loss I have seen in two years on this journey. Awesome start and should be so encouraging for you

So what are peoples thoughts about exercise?? I for some reason have a lot of energy and I am having cabin fever its such a beautiful afternoon thought about a walk

It is recommended that you walk an hour a day. Not any marathon thing, just easy walking. Someone just posted on another forum that if you walk an hour/day you lose more inches overall than if you don't (even if the losses on the scale are equal). I'm waiting for her to get back to me with a citation or link for that study.

yeah I was not thinking hard core workout!!! I was also thinking that it may help me sleep better at night as well!! Of course I know as with anything to take it easy to make sure since we are doing such a low calorie intake!!

It's a gorgeous day I hope you guys got to the park!

Amy, please do not do anything heavy as far as working out in P2. You would think it would help boost your losses, but it can actually slow them down or stall. The body will go into starvation mode if you exercise too much and some people have actually passed out or felt like they were going to pass out. Light walking and yoga is all that is recommended in P2. As far as insomnia, I actually slept really well while on drops, though I did have a bit less energy than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Leigh View Post
    So what are peoples thoughts about exercise?? I for some reason have a lot of energy and I am having cabin fever its such a beautiful afternoon thought about a walk
    Nancy said it best above. I actually know someone who ignored my warning and wound up in urgent care so please keep it simple.

+ Reply to Thread