+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question About Rounds

Well, HCG address abnormal fat and any other diet protocol addresses normal fat supplies. She will likely immediately start gaining weight after starting the other protocol and within two weeks will have likely regained all the weight she lost on HCG. It is going to be a rough period for her. She better really think about this. If she starts to gain weight rapidly have her seek medical help because she might be suffering protein deficiency which - left untreated - can lead to a heartattack or stroke due to water weight gain. HCG is something that should not be triffled with. If she needs a diet I can make referrals to other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by nancybaggot View Post
    I guess my question is, why is she stopping the HCG for the NG tube?? Is the plan 45 days on HCG, 10 days of liquid per tube and then another 45 day HCG round?? My daughter's first round was 60 days, and she lost about 70 pounds, but she did not follow maintanence well on any of her numerous rounds and I have no doubt that is why she is not mainitaing her losses. I understand that you can only do so much, but this just sounds crazy to me and her chances of longterm success I think are very slim. P3, from my experience, is just as important as P2 for maintaining. Is she doing this for a wedding or event??
    Nancy she has quite a bit of weight to lose so this isn't for a wedding or special event. I have no idea how she came up with this and I think she's getting a little frustrated with me for calling her out. There is no "fast fix" to losing weight - every one of us has to do the time and put in a lot of effort. It's the only way. I have to stop harping on her and just hope that everything goes okay. She told me she checked with her heart doctor and he cleared it - I'm not convinced that she told him everything because I can't imagine any doctor approving this.

I know it is now a sensitive subject but if you would please have her address the rapid weight gain if it occurs. No skinny dress is worth a potential life.

You are right, there is no magic pill for weight loss, but HCG is about as fast a way as I have found. And what your friend is not realizing is that 30 or 45 days on HCG protocol will help you lose a good bit of weight, but it is not an easy road and most people really need P3-4 to break the monotony and work on maintaining and learning how to do that or it will be one big circle of losing and regaining. You are a good friend to try and help.

sierra
    Quote Originally Posted by nancybaggot View Post
    You are right, there is no magic pill for weight loss, but HCG is about as fast a way as I have found. And what your friend is not realizing is that 30 or 45 days on HCG protocol will help you lose a good bit of weight, but it is not an easy road and most people really need P3-4 to break the monotony and work on maintaining and learning how to do that or it will be one big circle of losing and regaining. You are a good friend to try and help.
    You couldn't be more right.

My first round I want to just storm through and not do P3 and P4.
    LUCKILY!!! Linda talked to me and spun my head in another direction. I did a 45 day round
    that when 58 days. A few weeks in after I got use to the very little eating. I had this "bright idea"
    to storm through to my next round. Linda and a few others on here turned me around, and I'm thankful for them.
    I'm looking forward this round doing P3 and P4 because it's a sign of accomplishment. My thoughts now!
    The phases are put there for a reason. The reason in which the body has to adapt and level out. I continued to lose weight
    even without the drops. I lost 35 lbs at my LDW and was 10 lbs under that by the time R2 time hit. This diet is and thing of patience
    and lesson. No matter how much weight anyone has to lose. IT WORK. She just will have to do more rounds than others.
    She Should get through a few rounds then decide it's not for her and than move on from it. Instead of putting herself at risk of
    major issues. I understand where she is coming from. I was there. I sure will be praying for her. I wish her well and you for having to deal this all this.

Sierra, it is amazing that you started a new round 10 below your last LDW. That rarely happens and it quite an accomplishment. I always had a least 2-4 pounds to relose becasue once you get close to another round, my tendency was to just eat things I knew I would not be having for awhile, not necessarily overeating, but lots of potatos, which I love and icecream, love that, too. And I much prefer the shorter rounds, so I did alot more rounds than might have been necessary if I had done all 45-60 days, but I could not hang in that long in P2 and my losses toward the end were not worth the effort of P2. Everyone has to find what works for them, and it seems you definitely have for you. Fantastic!!

sierra
    Thank you so much, Nancy.
    I decided half way through my round I was no longer going to eat sweets.
    I ate one cookie when I started taking in sweets on P4 and ewww I hate cookies!
    And it was a chocolate chip cookie. HOMEMADE with walnuts. I use to sit and slam on them until they were gone.
    I found that graham crackers are satisfying to my sweet tooth.

Never liked ice cream because it is a trigger to my migraines.
    As far as other sweets they was only as needed in most cases.

It was the soul food for me that I couldn't stay away from. I loooooooove to cook.
    And I LOOOOOOOOVE savoy foods. THAT was my weakness.
    I never ate out that much but when I would it was a sit down restaurant with high end meals.
    I'm not a fast food person AT ALL because it just doesn't service a real purpose to me.

I just got it in my head to I needed a change and keep in that way. I don't want to
    see me looking crazy. =]

So let me see if I get this...for my R1 I can go for up to 60 days and then take that 6 week break before R2? and here is what might be a dumb question but the 60 days starts on the 1st day you start taking the drops?

Also...I take Humira for my Rheumatoid arthritis...it's a shot once every 2 weeks... I also take a once a day anti-inflammatory pill, think I should still be taking them?

howdidigethere
    Hey lepitman....after your last drop day you continue the very low cal diet for three more days (72 hours). These are still considered part of phase 2. Then phase 3 starts.

-Kelly

60 days usually includes the loading days however, I have seen people go a total of 62 days on HCG. This would mean 2 days loading 60 days VLCD.

+ Reply to Thread