+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I WANT a gain/stall in my P2 round - I WANT to be a Millionaire!

JodyBarton
    I LOVED reading what you wrote! Makes perfect sense!!! Sure, it's frustrating to have a stall. But just as I told my husband this morning, I haven't been at my current weight since Nov 2011 (when I was pregnant with our son). My body HELD ON to that fat, and would NOT let go! I try to explain to everyone, although I'm only "eating" 500 calories a day... but body is burning so much more, more of stuff that needs to vacate the premises. Very insightful. Thanks so much!!

Exactly, the body is making up the calories you aren't eating. Burning off the fat and reabsorbing the vitamins and nutrients previously locked down with that abnormal fat.

This thread I will stick to the top of this page.

Wow, cool!
    ~Jacqué. Committed to this process and attaining a healthier more active size.

If you guys find something else helpful I can stick them to the top. Just let me know.

Gemini
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyajax View Post
    okay. I do not at all mean to imply that my brain does not freak out when i see a gain on the scale, even knowing that i have done everything “right,” but the more i read pounds & inches and hear about other people's experiences and think about the underlying biological processes (my bachelor’s degree is in biology), i have come to a conclusion about this protocol:

I think a stall/small gain (while closely following the original protocol) amounts to the $25,000 question on "who wants to be a millionaire".
    Remember this game show? Where the first few questions were pretty easy, but the payoff wasn't much, and if you got a question wrong, you went home with nothing? Everyone held their breath when the contestant got to the $25,000 question, because that was the winning threshold. If they got that one question right, no matter what happened in the rest of the game, they were guaranteed to go home with at least $25,000. A very nice "consolation prize" indeed.

Well that is what a stall signifies for you on this protocol. If you can power through the psychological warfare, stick to the protocol, and make it through your stall? You have significantly increased the likelihood that you will be able to maintain the weight you have lost to that point.

Think of it this way: Say you have a thousand happy little fat cells, each quite full of a little liquid globule of fat. In your ordinary life, sometimes you need a bit of extra energy and you pull some of that reserve out of storage for fuel. But for the most part, that little cell is only happy if it is full, so pretty soon, your body will work to convert any excess fuel you take in back into liquid fat to fill up that cell and keep it happy.
    This is why, for most of us, we seem to "stick" at the same weight. No matter how we cut back, or how much we occasionally indulge, we stay at the same place. Because our bodies have created this sweet setup of 1000 full fat cells functioning to keep us at this weight. This weight our “metabolic setpoint.”

now here we are in p2. We are severely restricting the fuel to our machine and as a response our bodies are protecting us from starvation by squeezing the fat out of some of those cells, let's say 100 of them. Day by day, a little more fat is leeched out, until those fat cells are e.m.p.t.y. This process takes a little while, probably at least a couple of weeks. Here's the problem, your body went to a lot of work to construct those cells, it created a lot of infrastructure to support them. At some point in your past it had found there to be a consistent neeeed (surplus fuel in the system) for those cells, it doesn't want to undo all that hard work for nothing, so your whole body goes into a holding pattern, waiting, waiting, waiting, to make sure that no, in fact, you do not need them any longer, and eventually it is clear. You do not need those cells. Now your body again takes action and "tears down the walls"; it breaks up the useless cells/connective tissue/blood vessels/etc. Into their individual building blocks, and flushes them out. O.u.t. Out. And this demolition project requires water to flow smoothly, so your body retains enough water to keep everything in balance while it cleanses. It is protecting you. We need this. Because when it is done? We don’t have a 1000 happy fat cells, we have 900, and should we stop our protocol here, this will be our new metabolic setpoint. This is why we can "maintain" after losing weight with the hcg protcol but we couldn't on other diets.

We have successfully answered the $25,000 question! We win the opportunity to stay this weight!

Obviously this isn't a magic permanent pass on personal discipline and living a healthy lifestyle. If we regularly put too much fuel into the system, our bodies will take that stock, and if need be, add a few more cells, which want to be happy and full, and when they are? That becomes our new metabolic set point. But i believe this is why protocol says to go at least 23 days. Because that is how long it will take to be sure that you have completely gone through the whole process at least once with at least a portion of your fat cells. And this is why it is also recommended that you never end your round on a stall, because that is right at the point when you are on the cusp of permanently destroying fat cells and if you should start adding back in extra fuel before they and their support structures are completely eliminated, they will be more than happy to start filling right back up.

I want to end all this by saying that this is just my musings about my experience based on what i have learned from dr. Simeons and his hcg protocol veterans and my own bacground in anatomy and physiology. I am not recommending any action to be taken by anyone. I just personally needed to wrap my brain around how i (and everyone else i have ever talked with about this) could possibly gain weight when eating less than 500 calories. The science can be confusing and counterintuitive and i hope that this lay-version might help others get perspective on the downs & ups of their round.

So i say: Rejoice in your stalls and gains! This is the true work of this protocol. If you are following protocol and step on the scale to see a gain? Do a happy dance of joy, allow a fierce grin of glee spread across your face, fat cells have been destroyed and are getting a permanent eviction notice! See the stall for what it is: A white flag signal of surrender. Because this isn't a game show, this is a war, in this war for control of your body, you are a warrior and you have won this battle!

At least this is my plan 'cause a smaller "me" is worth way more to me than a million dollars

love this!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread