+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gelatin and Cellulose

Gelatin and Cellulose

Ok,
    There are 2 supplements I was wanting to continue on the protocol. The only thing they have in them is:
    cayenne pepper fruit with Gelatin (the capsule the cayenne is in)
    Green Tea leaf powder with Gelatin (Again, the capsule)

Gelatin is derived from collagen, by processing bone. Looking at the chemical make up, it does not appear to be related to lipids, but I still want to know your experience with it.

Also, most liquid potassium I can find as well as some stevia, contains cellulose or vegetable glycerin. I am unfamiliar with the process that renders out vegetable glycerin, and how the body would metabolize it. Anyone have to deal with either one? The Pepper and Green Tea supplements I can deal with dropping if needed, but would like to find a good source of potassium. The search tool did not turn up all this here, for the most part, so I wanted to ask all at once!
    - James
    Bass playing maniac and IT Monkey

Honestly, we don't advise anything added to the protocol regardless if it appears ok. Keeping it pure is the key to success.

deathpixi
    Linda I just got my spry gum and it has cellulose gum and Xanthan gum. Is this okay? I ordered it online so I really hope it's okay

deathpixi
    spry tooth paste* sorry about that

Please don't use this. Tom's of Maine is what I recommend.

deathpixi
    derp just saw this, used it all yesterday and today. Good thing I need to go to the grocery store to replenish my protein supply, I'll grab some Tom's of Maine.

BTW, any suggestions for me? I can't seem to stomach shrimp or most fish.... should I just keep eating chicken until it's an issue? I'm going to look for veal at the store, and round roast or london broil (I know those are 1-2 times a week though)... I could try crab or lobster I guess but I haven't a clue how to cook 'em. Suggestions please and thank you

I and many others mostly stick with chicken without problems. I severely limit the beef to only round steak / london broil and not all the time as you said. We have protein powder that I use as well.

deathpixi
    Alright, I am mixing it up with the protein powder today. Thanks so much Linda and happy Easter!

Happy to be of service.

+ Reply to Thread