+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New - product questions-organic, mascara, purell, baby powder, nail polish

jstarr88

New - product questions-organic, mascara, purell, baby powder, nail polish

I am on day 3...rough, but sure it is worth it. A few questions that I cannot find answers to
    a. can I use nail polish/remover? Certain types approved?
    b. baby powder? not on the approved list, but wanted to double check as I noticed Linda mentioned it on an answer
    c. perfume allowed?
    d. I have never drank coffee or tea. I tried tea and it is so unappealing to me. Other than water, any other approved drinks? I'm finding I am going all day without drinking anything.
    e. can I use Purell or something comparable?
    f.any restrictions to hair products, hair spray? etc? I see shampoo info but nothing about products
    g. is all food supposed to be organic? I see what is allowed and it is not always listed off as organic, so I am wondering if it OK to eat non- organic if we can't find organic. (ex: I have been to 4 stores including Trader Joes looking for organic strawberries & cannot find any, but did find non-organic at safeway)

h . mascara. I see it says none is allowed but I did read a post by someone who mentioned it was OK if it was mineral based. I want to hear from Linda, etc (not just a member) if that is approved. I noticed base Escentials makes some, so I am wondering since you approve mineral based powder, if this might be approve their mascara as well. Two on amazaon list off ingredients
    All shades contain:
    Water (Aqua/Eau), Diisostearoyl Trimethylolpropane Siloxy Silicate, Beeswax (Cera Alba / Cire d'abeille), Stearic Acid, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide CopolymerEuphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera / Cire de candelilla), Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba / Cire de carnauba), Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Smithsonite Extract, Malachite Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl, Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Acrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Montmorillonite, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

http://www.amazon.com/Bare-Escentual...ascara+mineral

Ingredients
    Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Stearic Acid, Diisostearoyl Trimethylpropane Siloxy Silicate, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Ozokerite, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Rhodochrosite Extract, Malachite Extract, Smithsonite Extract, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Here you go:
    A) remover is fine so long as no moisturizers are in it. However, remember under the influence of HCG things are more easily absorbed into the skin.
    B) Baby powder is fine. It should only contain the talc and fragrence I add 1 box baking soda to mine.
    C) Perfume must not touch your skin. Put it on your clothes if you wish.
    D) No those are the only options allowed.
    E) No to Purell or anything else.
    F) No hair products are allowed. However, I used it on protocol but was careful not to get ANY on my skin.
    G) Organic is not required.
    H) Mascara is not on the approved list. Although, people frequently use it anyway.

Hope this helps.

Welcome jstarr88!
    I just wanted to add a caveat to item D)
    Well, 2 caveats.
    1. You say "going all day without drinking anything." I hope that you mean you aren't drinking anything besides water and that you actually ARE drinking plenty of water. I can't stress how important the extra fluids are in washing out the substances your body is shedding!!! I believe the base recommendation is 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water, so if you weigh 200lbs, you would be trying to drink 100 ounces of water, or 4.5 more 8oz glasses of water than is recommended for normal everyday health.
    2. Yes, coffee, tea and water are the only allowable beverages, however since you get the juice of 1 lemon each day, many people choose to put that in some water with liquid stevia for a lemonade treat. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread