+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rockin' P3 Pizza

Well, it sounds/looks like tygereye was able to make it work, which is great, but the "dough" is really more of a thick paste, and sprinkling out almond/flax meal/flour wouldn't really have the same affect as you get when you toss flour on a rolling surface before doing pie crust or bread.
    I am really curious how tygereye did it!
    ~Jacqué. Committed to this process and attaining a healthier more active size.

Me too Jacque! I know she will chime in.

I put down some EVOO on the bottom of a 9X13 pan and spread it around, and then dumped the bowl of "goo" into the pan, coated my hands with oil, and just pressed it in... I had to cut it into pieces, but, a sturdy plastic spatula was able to work it free from the pan, with it's integrity intact... Just leaving behind some crumbs... I did add a tablespoon or so to the dough when I made it, but I don't think it made a difference... With the consistency of that dough, it would take a lot more almond flour, or the flax meal to make it more dough like, and I would be afraid of it getting too tough... The taste was good though!! Even my hubby and daughter liked it!!
    Last edited by tygereye; 06-04-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Great job! I'm really glad it worked out!
    The first time I made it I didn't use the top piece of parchment because the recipe I was modifying claimed that it didn't work at all, so I know it is totally do-able to get it spread out thin enough, but it was much easier with a top sheet

So glad I have you ladies here to work out the bugs for me Thanks!

I am sure it would be a lot easier to do it with parchment paper, and I know some of the areas of the dough were a little thicker than others, but I actually kind of liked it that way... I would have just had a pizza salad, with bread chunks, and topping chunks if it hadn't worked... LOL... I do plan to get the parchment paper before I do it again though...

Glad I can help out a little Linda!!

Like I said, you all are working out the bugs for me

I did have a thought a few days after I made this pizza... The crumbs left in the pan would be a great salad addition... Hmmmmmmm

Or, possible croutons out of this??

Great idea!

I've made this like crackers, but you're right, croutons would be good too! (I recently made some croutons out of a coconut flour "bread" I made, they were pretty good too)
    This is the recipe I like to use for making crackers, the dough is much easier to work with.

P3 Cheese Crackers
    1 cup blanched almond flour
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the kind in the green can that says 100% grated cheese)
    1/2 cup freshly grated cheese (I have used medium and sharp cheddar, pepper jack and fresh grated Parmesan - any of the harder cheeses would work I think)
    1 1/2 T coconut oil
    1 large egg lightly beaten
    1 tsp. garlic granules or powder
    1/2 tsp onion granules or powder
    1/4 tsp. baking soda
    1/8 tsp. salt (this is an approximate, salt to taste, remember the cheese is adding salt, sometimes I don't add any)

Preheat oven to 350. Sift baking powder and powdered Parmesan and spices into almond flour and mix well with fork. Stir in grated cheese then egg and oil until a tacky-crumbly dough forms (kind of like shortbread cookie dough).
    Roll dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper to desired thickness (about 1/8th-1/4th inch). Use pizza wheel or butter knife to cut dough into desired size squares, approx 1-2" on a side. Don't worry about separating them now, just leave it as a big sheet of scored dough, when it is all cooked the crackers will break apart pretty easily.
    Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes until crackers are toasty brown all over. (This takes a bit of trial and error to get a sense of when they are cooked enough to be crisp when they cooled but not so much that they had a burnt flavor! LOL)

These are QUITE good - Hubby said last night (after I had to make some since I was posting this! LOL) "These are good, we should sell them!" I like to make these to take to social gatherings where I know a lot of the dips and foods are P3 friendly (guacamole, cheese, meat, hummus, etc.) but where I'm sure they will only have chips or bread as accompaniment.

+ Reply to Thread