Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_4c5d893b2d42a29ddeb3712fad062d9c, O_RDWR) failed: Disk quota exceeded (122) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5554) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5554) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37
800 cal. vs 500 cal. HCG Drops
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 800 cal. vs 500 cal. HCG Drops

800 cal. vs 500 cal. HCG Drops

I would like to know what the difference is in the HCG plans, I saw a website and reviews of another HCG protocol and they referenced Dr. Simeons, but used 800 calories.

It seems that they were having great success as well.

What is the difference?

The 8 options or 500 calories is the original protocol and the only one quoted here. People have changed the original protocol. I don't advise changing it.

I haven't seen/heard of that FitMom. I know that people who do the MediFast diet are supposed to eat 800 calories/day and they lose quite a bit at that caloric level.
    Personally I found that I wasn't hungry at all on the 500 calorie diet (there were a couple of days where I ate less than 300) because so much of my excess stored reserves were being circulated.

Dr. Simeons protocol was for 500 calories and he worked with 1000's of patients. He was a scientist and I am sure tried different caloric levels to find the level that worked best.
    My guess is that the alteration to 800 calories is to try to compromise with critics who have not actually read Dr. Simeons research and just can't wrap their brains around such a low calorie intake being safe and healthy.
    When you are on protocol, you are eating the protein and minerals NEEDed for proper health in the meat and vegetables/fruits - the energy/fuel for the rest comes from your fat stores.
    Last edited by LadyAjax; 12-04-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Actually, Dr Simeons did try other caloric levels. He said that the 500 calories is the level when the body released the maximum amount of stored ABNORMAL fat in to the blood stream. At other caloric levels the HCG was not as efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Actually, Dr Simeons did try other caloric levels. He said that the 500 calories is the level when the body released the maximum amount of stored ABNORMAL fat in to the blood stream. At other caloric levels the HCG was not as efficient.
    Nice!
    Thanks Linda!

Thanks, I was just curious.

No problem. Glad to help.

My husband, dad and brother all did the hcg diet but since they are all very active (at work and with the kids) they doubled their protein to 7 oz instead of 3.5 oz. and they all did very well with the diet. They all reached their goal weight in only 2 rounds. My dad has only done 1 round so far but will be starting a 2nd round soon and still lost over 38 lbs. His cardiologist was ecstatic that he had lost so much weight. Also, with the extra protein, they didn't feel like passing out from all of the strenuous activity they were doing.

In know that other people have modified the protocol but on this site we only work with the 500 calorie and the original protocol guidelines.

sierra
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammie Walker Rearick View Post
    My husband, dad and brother all did the hcg diet but since they are all very active (at work and with the kids) they doubled their protein to 7 oz instead of 3.5 oz. and they all did very well with the diet. They all reached their goal weight in only 2 rounds. My dad has only done 1 round so far but will be starting a 2nd round soon and still lost over 38 lbs. His cardiologist was ecstatic that he had lost so much weight. Also, with the extra protein, they didn't feel like passing out from all of the strenuous activity they were doing.
    Tammie, this is my second round.
    I am a very active person throughout my day.
    I haven't had a protein issues yet. I measure and weigh EVERYTHING to a tee.
    If this is a concern of yours that you would have to do the same with these drops, you don't.

And remember to never compare someone else's weight loss to yours as everyone is going to lose weight according to their bodies.
    Your weight loss will equal out in the in ounce by ounce and inch by inch. Good luck to ya!

+ Reply to Thread