+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nectresse anyone?

Nectresse anyone?

Has anyone tried the new natural "no calorie" sweetener Nectresse?
    I know that YourHCG only endorses the liquid stevia during protocol, I'm just wondering if anyone in maintenance has tried this.
    It's in my local grocery store and is about the same price as Truvia powder, which isn't cheap, so I haven't taken the plunge and tried it yet. I've read that it doesn't have the aftertaste that some complain of in stevia.
    http://www.nectresse.com/?utm_source...ectresse|pmt|p

I read the link. The issue I would have is "natural sweeteners" What is that exactly? They don't tell you.

The ingredients are:
    Ingredients: Erythritol, Sugar, Monk Fruit Extract, Molasses

Erythritol is also the first ingredient in Truvia, the powdered stevia.

I know that the liquid stevia drops are the only "recommended" sweetener for P2/P3, but I was wondering if anyone had tried this for P4/maintenance.

I will probably give it a try. They are all just so darned expensive! Sugar is CHEAP, LOL

Remember the concern is how the sweetener acts on the brain. Even if it is sugar free if it creates cravings then we don't want that. Let me know how it goes.

Yes. Some sugar-free sweeteners actually still cause a rise in your blood sugar levels. But this is new enough that I am not finding much about how it affects blood sugar levels.

I haven't heard of this one but have seen that monk fruit is becoming more popular....I would think it should be fine for phase 4. Erythitol isn't Chemical like sucralose and saccharine that are potentially cancer causing. It is just a sugar alcohol and in phase 4 we can experiment with sugar...let us know how it works for you. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Reynolds Volkman View Post
    I haven't heard of this one but have seen that monk fruit is becoming more popular....I would think it should be fine for phase 4. Erythitol isn't Chemical like sucralose and saccharine that are potentially cancer causing. It is just a sugar alcohol and in phase 4 we can experiment with sugar...let us know how it works for you. Good luck!
    I will, when I can afford to get some! LOL

+ Reply to Thread