+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanksgiving and HCG protocol...how will you juggle it all?

Thanksgiving and HCG protocol...how will you juggle it all?

I thought it might be fun to see how everyone plans to celebrate Thanksgiving in light of wherever you are in HCG protocol. We are leaving Sunday on a cruise to the Carribean with some longtime friends who are celebrating their 40th wedding aniversary. She has also been doing HCG and today is her last day of P3, so she should have a little leeway next week. Needless to say, I will probably eat and drink some things I haven't had in quite awhile, but the plan is to keep portions small, water and protein high, limit both carbs and sugars and then begin correcting any damage as soon as we return. I have no doubt that this is all totally achievable, thanks to HCG. Not your traditional Thanksgiving agenda, but we are really looking forward to it.

cakotas
    I fly to Atlanta from San Diego Wednesday night. I have already told my cousin I am on a strict diet. She is buying the food I need (grapefruit, organic spinach) since we land on the Thursday morning of Thanksgiving. With my HCG drops I plan to bring my liquid stevia, melba toast, fish and organic green tea. I haven't been hungry or craving anything this week. I've been on dinners out with friends and even went to a buffet restaurant and brought my own food/drink and I was fine. So I don't think I will have any issues in Atlanta. I am determined to stick to my plan.

Wishing you all the best during the Thanksgiving weekend.

howdidigethere
    Nancy....a cruise sounds fabulous! I've never been on one.

Cherry...sounds like you have a plan and that's half the battle now isn't it:-) It's great to have support from your family.

My husband and I are planning on going to a friends house for dinner. I will be wrapping up R2P2 and she is planning on having spinach and strawberries for me. I wish I had been able to be on P3....her hubby is a fantastic cook!

Cherry, I agree with Kelly that your plan and your determination will win the battle. It is not easy on P2 to resist the temptations, but the rewards are sooo much better than a cheat with something you can have over and over again, just not right now. Awesome and have a blessed time with your family. That is what it's all about anyway

Kelly, enjoy your wonderful salad and again, you are doing such an amazing thing for yourself and it will pay off for you. Next year, or next month even, you can have a few goodies and not risk ruining everything you have worked so hard for. Why don't you ask your friend if you can take a plate of her hubby's wonderful cooking and freeze it for a l,ater time??? I did that many, many times over the past year and a half...birthday cake, my daughter's homemade chicken enchiladas and refried beans, homemade icecream...things I love but could not eat at the time. I brought them out either to load on my next round or actually shared with my husband, so I could have a few bites but not too much. Just a thought.

I will be thinking of you all as we celebrate all the blessings in our lives, and my HCG friends have blessed me so much.

howdidigethere
    Quote Originally Posted by nancybaggot View Post
    Why don't you ask your friend if you can take a plate of her hubby's wonderful cooking and freeze it for a l,ater time??? I did that many, many times over the past year and a half...birthday cake, my daughter's homemade chicken enchiladas and refried beans, homemade icecream...things I love but could not eat at the time. I brought them out either to load on my next round or actually shared with my husband, so I could have a few bites but not too much. Just a thought.
    Nancy that is a great idea! I'll have to see what they are cooking up

Morning dear friends. During protocol the freezer it is collection site for all kinds of goodies for the future. You really don't feel you missed anything that way.

What a wonderful idea Nancy - I loved the Caribbean and would love to go back. You are going to really enjoy it.

+ Reply to Thread