+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gained for the 1st time TOM just got here.... :(

Gained for the 1st time TOM just got here.... :(

I gained for the first time today & was a bit discouraged..I have been doing pretty well I was @ 15lb lose & I only have 4 days left on the drops. (23 day rd) So is this normal? Should I have done an apple day? I'm kinda disappointed, since I only have 4 days left on the drops I wanted to lose a bit more weight without having to go over 23 days. I was 5lbs from my goal weight now 9lbs away. So I don't know what to do...any advice? Thx guys!! <3

I'd wait for Linda or Nancy to chime in with advice about whether to extend or not. But TOM is DEFINITELY a known weight gain contributor. This is NORMAL and to be expected. Whatever "water weight" you retain for these few days WILL come off.
    Here is what Dr. Simeons has to say about Menstruating and start/stop times for rounds:

"In menstruating women, the best time to start treatment is immediately after a period. Treatment
    may also be started later, but it is advisable to have at least ten days in hand before the onset of
    the next period. Similarly, the end of a course of HCG should never be made to coincide with
    menstruation. If things should happen to work out that way, it is better to give the last dose three
    days before the expected date of the menses so that a normal diet can he resumed at onset.
    Alternatively, at least three doses should be given after the period, followed by the usual three
    days of dieting."

Jacque is right. Sounds like you have done really well and we all usually have gains and stalls along the way, even though we stay on protocol. TOM can definitely be an issue, not not to worry. Also, since youare so close to your goal, often times the losses slow way down. I totally uderstand not wanting too stay on P2 any longer than is necessary, but you don't want to stop drops on a gain or a stall, either. Add then with Dr. Simeons advice which Jacque so graciously provided, my suggestion would be to just hang in there for a bit longer until TOM is gone plus three days. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Try not to get too discouraged. Dr Simeons also says under Flucuations in Weight Loss: "When these (fat) cells are empty and therefore serve no purpose the body breaks down the cellular structure and absorbs it, but breaking up of useless cells, connective tissue, blood vessels, etc., may lag behind the process of fat-extraction. When this happens the body appears to replace some of the extracted fat with water which is retained for this purpose. As water is heavier than fat the scales may show no loss of weight, although succinct fat has actually been consumed to make up for the deficit in the 500-Calorie diet."

The above process happens to us all. Hang in there ok?

Smile Thx guys!

I weighed in today and im down 5.2....CRAZY never realized how much "bloat" we put on during tom. Stayed on protocol no apple day and it came right back off. Thank GOD! lol Thank you guys for your wonderful advice!! <3 Now im worried about this dam hurricane!!! hope the power don't go out for too long i need my protocol food! Stay safe all on the East Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by iminnevrland View Post
    I weighed in today and im down 5.2....CRAZY never realized how much "bloat" we put on during tom. Stayed on protocol no apple day and it came right back off. Thank GOD! lol Thank you guys for your wonderful advice!! <3 Now im worried about this dam hurricane!!! hope the power don't go out for too long i need my protocol food! Stay safe all on the East Coast!
    Woot woot! Good to hear!

Where are you on the east coast?

howdidigethere
    Yay!!! Glad to hear it came off....and in a big way I'm in south east PA and I will not be a happy girl if Sandy makes my life difficult! You be safe as well!

Praying for all my east coast friends. Please update us when you can.

Sandy

I'm about 40m from the jersey shore....which is basically out to sea as of now... but all is well here power out since yesterday, trees are down everywhere, some lives where lost, it's a sad day for NJ!

+ Reply to Thread