+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it possible to go through detox during P3?

If I understand what you're asking about, I think there is a natural detox process when you're weaning off the HCG, at least I think there was for me.
    When I hit P3, I really felt like I was detoxing during the whole first week.
    I didn't have the itchy skin thing, in fact, I had been desperately looking forward to adding in some lotion because I had been sooooooo dry by the end of P2, but that just went away w/o even adding any lotion *shrugs*
    (TMI WARNING!!!)
    But for me, specifically, I felt like I suddenly smelled bad. Not so much B.O., or bad breath, although there was some of that too, but more that when I went to the bathroom it just seemed like everything was extra stinky, but in a weird way, not what is normal for me.
    I also found that while I was careful with my P3 diet, my weight was bouncing all over the place. The first morning where things didn't smell weird (like day 6?),was the first morning where my weight just popped into place and stayed stable.

Interesting Jacque. The biology of this protocol is so specific to each individual and frankly a complete mystery to me. Thanks for sharing.

I always bounced all over the place, too, the first week of P3, five different rounds and the only thing consistent was inconsistency. It did not matter what I ate or added in, I would be up and down and close to steak day...don't remember any funny smells, but then suddenly, around day 8-10, things settled right out.

SusieD.
    LadyAjax,

I know this thread is from 2012, but as a 2014 participant, I'm finding it very useful. Thank you for posting your TMI because this was actually a concern for my friend and myself. I read a little more on the topic that the strong odor with urine can happen with low carb diets and drinking a lots of water is recommended. Just an FYI from my googling last night (found a few articles from body builders, etc). Perhaps this will reassure someone else in the future too. I plan on asking about skin recommendations to the forum.

This community has been my silent lifeline! P2 complete and 27 lbs gone!

Susie, you have questions on skin cleansers/moisturizers?

SusieD.
    -Posted on another thread and received your answer. Thanks.

New Question for Vets...

How many days did it take for you to stabilize your weight in maintenance? I'm on day 5, just finished my 4 days of protein loading. Literally I go up a pound one day, and down a pound the next, up and down. -This is just odd after having been on a slow and steady decrease.

It is going to take the better part of Phase 3 to stabilize. It takes a while.

SusieD.

Red face Just a follow up to my stabilizing query.

Looking at my log, I stabilized after that first week of P3. I stopped the up and down process on day 8.

After my 1st week of P3, I lost a few ounces here and there daily. I am proud to say today, day 13 of P3, I am at my wished for 30 lb weight loss goal!! I need 3.4 more pounds to meet the goal and it happened. I am so happy There is more to lose but this is definitely a day of celebration for me.

I just wanted to share my good news and perhaps this will help keep someone else motivated. I was a little disappointed I didn't reach my 30 in P2, but it is a process and will continue to work over time. I had a few rough days but it DOES get easier and better. Keep it up!!!

Thank you for posting Susie! It is really important for clients to see the experience of those that have gone before them.

+ Reply to Thread