+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Up 1.8lbs in the first 2 days. PLEASE HELP

Hi Nancy,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Here is my menu for yesterday:
    breastfast: 1 egg 2 egg white
    snack: 5oz of tuna
    lunch, cabbage ~7oz of beef (london broil)
    snack 5 oz of tuna
    dinner: brocolli, ~7oz of chicken breast
    water: 4.5L total

I am not eating tuna today ( I changed to chicken and beef). Others would probably stay the same. We'll see if this helps tomorrow.
    Again, thank you so much for your encouragement, especially now when the tragedy hit Linda and I really don't want to bother her with this if I can help it. Thank you so much for be here for me. It really makes this journey less alone and most important of all, less scary.

Debbie

Menu sounds just fine, Debbie. I typed another note about the steak day, but think I got kicked off for some reason. I will redo it, cause it is good information for you. Just try not to stress, becasue that can affect your weight as well. The tuna may have been an issue for you, since it is technically processed, but it is allowed. We will see if that does the trick tomorrow. What day are you on in P3?

Well, I cannot even find the post about the steak day, so will just repost.

Steak days is london broil, 1 1/2-2 pounds for dinner, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic, if you like, and either an apple or a tomato. You can have coffee, tea and water throughout the day and be sure you get in all your water and ACV, if you are using it.

Linda also has a Lean Protein Day, that yields about a pound loss, for when you are creeping up and want to avoid a steak day. I use this alot instead of a steak day, and a few days of lean eating will bring me back down without the stress of essentially fasting until dinner time. It consists of: plain protein (turkey, chicken, steak, fish), raw or steamed veggies, 1 fruit, 1/2 cup milk, No fat, ACV will help

Nancy,
    Thanks for the info. Today is my 4th day in P3. I am planing to do the protein loading for 5 days so I have today and tomorrow. I think after taking away the tuna, my diet is pretty much like the lean protein day. I will include ACV as well ( I don't drink it a lot because I don't particularly like the taste of it) to my water starting today.

You are more than welcome, Debbie. I always did five days as well. I really did not like the ACV, but took it religiously for about three rounds. It is easier to get down with alot of water, lemon juice and some stevia. Enjoy the rest of your day and I look forward to your update in the morning

Debbie, Nancy is right. The more protein the better. Go easy with fatty proteins.

Hi,
    So yesterday I didn't eat tuna and drink some ACV and my weight stayed at 144.4 this morning, which is a relief. Can i expect my weight to go back to LDW if I eat lean proteins for couple of days? By the way, does the egg count as a lean protein? Thank you guys.

Great Debbie!! Looks like you are leveling out. As far as eggs, the protein is in the whites and the fat in the yolks, which is why the recommendation is to have one whole egg and 2 egg whites. Egg whites are also a great protein source for snacks during protein loading, which you are almost finished with that. I would keep your protein lean today and avoid too much fat and from here on, it is day by day. Remember, LDW is a number, but the range is two plus or minus. As your body adjusts to the additonal food, you usually stay closer to LDW. It is not an exact science, like P2, that is why many refer to P3 as a minefield. After protein loading, as you start adding in more foods, it is important to only add in one new thing each day so you can see how your body reacts. Sort of like a science experiment. Stay positive and enjoy the journey in your smaller skin.

Debbie, I look forward to hearing your update tomorrow. Do me a favor today. Eat a little more lean protein than you did yesterday.

Hi Nancy and Linda,
    Thank you for your advice. I am eating only chicken breast for protein today. I also put one lemon in my water and drank twice of 2TBsp of ACV. Let's see what will happen tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread