Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_702c22629b10c88acb3d398f4091a38a, O_RDWR) failed: Disk quota exceeded (122) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5554) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5554) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37
Tom?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tom?

sierra

Thumbs up Tom?

Is it normal to go up during TOM?
    I weighed and was up 1.1lbs.

From what I understand, it IS normal. I didn't really experience that effect myself, but I have an IUD and don't really have a TOM.
    If you know that you were right on Protocol yesterday (didn't "cheat" or make any mistakes) then don't sweat it.

Even when it isn't that TOM, there is a LOT of variability in the progression of your weight loss. In my recent 45 day round there were 4 separate times where I either gained or stayed exactly the same. Linda explained it to me that your body is going through a lot of changes in this process. Not only is your body releasing the excess stored fat in your body, when those fat cells are "empty" and no longer needed your body breaks them down into your blood for elimination, and this can cause what seems like a stall, but is just part of the natural process of this diet.

Another factor which can greatly affect your day-to-day losses is your water intake. You really need to be pounding down the water (most recommend 1/2 of your body weight in ounces, so 200lbs = 100 ounces of water/day). You need to be flushing out any extra fat/protein/toxins that the breakdown of your old stored excess fat releases. Fluctuating sodium intake can affect this. If you eat quite a bit more sodium one day than the previous it can cause a very temporary retention of water which you would see on your scale.

Again. All of this is normal and nothing to be concerned about. If you find yourself in a several day stall, definitely bring it up on the forums, Linda has helped many move past a stall.

I havegained up to 3 lbs with TOM! ughh usually its just a lb or two and after Tom is gone everything goes back to normal. Ive hit a stall or maybe its TOM hes not due for a week or two but i have stayed the same weight for three days now.

sierra
    Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I had my first and final mishap with a unknown cheat with few grown up drinks, so no cheating here.

I did everything by the book, and was just a little concern.
    I had been losing since my little bout will alcohol ( after a three day stall and a gain), but I wasn't sure if this was my night out coming back to haunt me.

Thanks again for easing my mind. =]

I have gained up to 3 lbs with TOM! ughh usually its just a lb or two and after Tom is gone everything goes back to normal. Ive hit a stall or maybe its TOM hes not due for a week or two but i have stayed the same weight for three days now.

+ Reply to Thread