+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beginning again after almost 1 year of Maintaining

Hybrid View

Beginning again after almost 1 year of Maintaining

Hi Linda. I've been maintaining for coming up close to 1 year and on new years eve I started round 4. I've heard that there are some changes in the protocol. Can you please tell me what changes I need to be aware of for this round? One thing is that i need to be on it longer, right? ...even though it has been almost a year, ????

The protocol is the same as it always was. The change comes during the Maintenance period. However, if you have been off hCG for nearly a year then you might find you will stabilize earlier. Most people - when they complete multiple rounds do so very close together. The body remains in such flux they need additional time on Phase 3 to stabilize. The guidelines lines for those after round 4 is 20 weeks of maintenance 10 on Phase 3 10 on Phase 4.

Great...thanks Linda!

Sure, stay in touch ok?

Are Sweet Onions "allowed"?

Onions are a vegetable option, yes. Now, some people don't do well with onions so if you stall then don't use them ok?

Linda, I remember reading in one of Facebook discussions (which I can no longer access) that certain vegetables cause stalls more often than others. Can you clarify which you think are the "best" and which tend to be problematic, so that I can look out for them?

Oh - I found the list under your "Tips and Tools for Breaking a Stall" - thanks very much!
    Last edited by lisaks; 01-22-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Red, white and yellow onions are allowed and the sweet ones are yellow so that would be yes I use them

Hi Renee..I think I remember you from last year. Congratulations on maintaining your loss. I also started round 4 on New Years Day, so we are losing together. The changes involve the lenght of time between rounds...I think on round 4, we need two months on P3 and two months on P4. The extended time is to allow for better stabilization. Good luck with you round and let's keep in touch.

I hope to keep us updated on your progress, Renee

+ Reply to Thread