+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Instructions for Phase 4

Instructions for Phase 4

Instructions for Phase 4
    During this phase you are maintaining your LDW while adding back in all forms of sugar and starches.
    It is imperative that you go very slowly doing this. You must maintain within 2 pounds of your LDW and anytime you exceed it by 2.1 pounds you need to immediately do a Steak Day.

Always start with a natural form of sugar and starches like for sugar use fruit banana, handful of grapes; For starches eat cup oatmeal or brown rice, 1 small potato etc. Each week build up to more complex forms of sugar and starch.

As always you need to watch the scale. If it jumps over pound your body is a bit sensitive to the sugar or starch you ate before. Try that same food again in a few days or so. Only this time eat just one of the potentially offending items either sugar or starch so the problem can be identified. Once it is identified you will know what you need to watch in your daily diet and plan your menu accordingly.

The object is to re-acclimate your body to all foods while maintaining your LDW.

P4 week 1 - get body used to natural sugars and starches, limit 1 per category per day
    P4 week 2 - continue getting used to natural sugars and starches, limit 2 per day
    P4 week 3 begin adding complex processed sugars and starch like bread, cake, cookies etc

As always let me know if you need anything.

verandatoo
    Hi Linda, M6y hubby and I start R1P4D1 on Saturday. I am really missing things like beans and lentils and just want to make sure I re-introduce them at the proper time. Which week of phase 4 can I add these back in?

You can start adding them as a starch option one at a time the first week. 1/2 cup only though.

mdeagle91
    Hi Linda,

I am on R1P4D27. I know that at this point I can begin adding in natural sugars but how are honey and agave nectar classified. Can I begin adding them slowly as well?

Absolutely fine. They are both considered sugar do go slow.
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com
    Customer Service Supervisor
    Certified Holistic Health Counselor

Hours: 6am - 2pm MST Monday - Friday

www.YourHCG.com | www.Facebook.com/YourHCG | www.Twitter.com/Your_HCG

mdeagle91
    Okay, thanks I will. So far on maintenance, I seem to encounter problems with nuts and sometimes cheese. The starches have gone well so far. I am still three pounds below my LDW!!!

Just remember go slowly adding sugars.

mdeagle91
    Also, when can you add bacon, sausage, etc?

Bacon or sausage is fine late in P3 and in P4.

why there's no phase 4 on YOURHCG.COM?

+ Reply to Thread