+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Instructions for Phase 4

Phase 4 is the final phase of the maintenance phase. It is also described as Normal Life phase. This is where you add sugar and starches back in slowly. You need to maintain your LDW through out this phase. There is no dietary restrictions during this phase once all forms of sugars ans starches are added back in.
    Last edited by Sadie; 04-29-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Should I start counting calories in P4?

alaskanjessie
    No just let your body tell you when you are hungry and eat clean with the occasional treat and you should be just fine

You will know when you are hungry. Eat normally and most importantly STOP when you are full. Listen to your body. It will crave healthy foods. Keep processed foods to a minimum.

is it best to eat gluten free on the life phase?

Not necessarily. It depends on your body type. I am hypersensitive to it so I must avoid it. If you aren't stick with high fiber as a rule.

What about yogurt cream cheese in week 2 P4 should id be low fat or not?
    Can I have bread?
    Also what veggies are better can or frozen (I know fresh is best but my kids wont eat them they like veggies in a can and frozen)
    Thanks !

You can definitely have full fat greek yogurt and cream cheese in P4...actually, you can have them in P3. Full fat for everything from now on, nothing low fat. Bread is the last thing you add, last week of P4, unless you are using sprouted grain breads like Ezekiel breads. My personal opinion is that frozen veggies are better than canned...canned are processed and usually high in sodium and preservatives. I always read labels now and do not buy anything with an ingredient I do not know or cannot pronounce.

Thanks Nancy! Im about 4 weeks till vacation and 3 weeks left in P4 Im am goimg to try to eat as good as i can But there will be eating out and fast food And Im scared to death of gaining my weight back! What do you suggest ? Can I have salad dressing if i eat a salad? should the salad dressing be full fat ? Can i have salad dressing now?? Im so use to eating free everything Now from what I understand I should Not eat fat free?? steak grilled chicken Im soooo glad I start R2 after vacation sorry for all the questions ! thanks Melanie

Your questions are never a problem...that is what we are all here for. I love that you are doing so well. I still stick pretty much with ranch dressing when I eat out, and limit it to a very small amount. I do not buy anything fat free anymore. Often time when fat is removed, sugar is added, so avoid fat free. I have used full fat dressings for years, since I did weight watchers and was told to avoid the fat free becasue of the sugar content. I just use very little dressing, just enough to help flavor the salad. I would suggest that you take your scale and keep track of your weight. Watch your portion sizes and stick with grilled meats, chicken, fish, veggies, salad and if it were me, I would avoid all desserts and starches. I know it is hard on vacation, and the tendency is not to worry, especially if you are doing another round right away, but any weight you gain is weight you will just have to lose again. Vacations are really tough, but if you focus and keep weighing, you can adjust to really lean eating if you see the weight start creeping up. Don't forget to keep up your water intake as well.

+ Reply to Thread