+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post your favorite P4 recipes here

I don't usually use the chocolate chips, but by the end of P4, you can use sugar anyway. I did find some dark chocolate chips at the grocery, but I am sure they had sugar in them. I just wasn't concerned about a few of them at the end of P4. You are correct about the art to baking with almond flour. I have never been a very adept baker anyway, so I like to find one or two recipes that I can master and stick with them.

I think I'm going to skip the chocolate chips also - I'm not far enough into P4 to feel comfortable with them. I have some unsweetened coconut at home that I got from the health food store - I think that would be tasty!

That sounds like a winner. Just be careful with it...the almond flour and bananas are fairly high in calories and it tastes so good, you will want to eat it up...LOL
    Remember portion control

Yes maam....will do!

Nancy - I gave this another try last night except I substituted 3/4 of a cup of the almond flour with 3/4 cup of coconut flour. It turned out fine - I'm not sure if yours comes out dense but this one was moist but dense. I only had to bake it for 40 minutes and I used your trick of lining the pan with parchment paper - came out perfect! And delicious too!

Great Mary. I was just checking to see how it turned out for you. It is definitely dense, but not dry at all. Great idea with the coconut flour. I have read that coconut flour is even harder to get used to, so I would never have thought of that. Glad it finally worked out and that you enjoyed it. I find that I am having to relearn how to cook after 30+ years, and it is a challenge, but I am enjoying it.

So far I've made a few things with coconut flour - it's definitely cheaper than almond flour! It also gives baked goods a little different consistency - maybe more moistness but it doesn't change the flavor at all. You can't even taste the coconut in it. I found a good recipe for banana muffins that I'm going to post today - those are good too!

I love coconut, so the coconut oil and flour are are wonderful. I bought a bag of the coconut flour, but actually have not made anything, so looking forward to trying your muffins and anything else that you have perfected. I find there is alot of "trial and error" with all this. I had a friend some years ago who wanted to open a bakery and she started "perfecting" things at home. Her poor husband gained 20 pounds in the process from all the tasting...LOL

+ Reply to Thread