+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Phase 4 Clients

Jon, not bad results for the big feast. A lot of people gain much more than that.

After further review, shed a little more water and was just a shade below what I was yesterday. Either way, I came out relatively decent compared to what I probably could have in years past.

I ate only good food alright, but I ate too much. Drank wine, too. Too much of that, too. Had a good time, though. This morning I just couldn't stand to weigh, so....back to normal eating and I will weigh tomorrow and get all this off very quickly. Bill did great -- he's up but we are in this together and will support each other through this weekend as we get back to "normal."
    Love you guys!
    You know I will be in touch -- especially if things don't go my way! LOL!

Debra, Thanksgiving and days like it are what Steak Days were made for. No worries, it will come off.

Had some tummy issues yesterday and it showed on the scale. I lost almost 2.4 pounds over night. I'm down to 210.0. That's going to be extremely temporary since it was a lot of water weight lost.

Jon, sorry to hear about the tummy issues. I agree the weight will rebound

So after my 7 pound gain in two days, pretty much planned, it has me thinking about splurging. Bill and I have been talking since summer whether we should try to stay on plan in these circumstances or what to do.
    We love a good vacation (longest splurge - 7 days or so) and we also love our one or two day splurges for Thanksgiving or Christmas or a birthday or whatever.
    Is there anything that would keep us from actually just going crazy for the splurge and go right back on when the splurge is over? This is what we have been doing for 3 years, since I started my weight-loss-health journey. Because we don't let ourselves continue eating badly, we just go back to healthy eating.
    Do we know if this works okay? I don't know if I will eventually just have one cookie at Christmas, but for now, I want to "splurge" when these occasions come and it seems like it is okay, since I have the HCG tools now to really lose the weight quickly when the "splurge" is done.
    Any thoughts? I am just thinking out loud by typing here anyway.

Debra, when you are facing a "splurge" often what happens is we get in our mind - in for a penny in for a pound. Meaning, oh well I am splurging now so the day is shot. Does this happen to you? If so, try modifying this experience. Try ensuring that you include a grilled protein and fresh vegetables at one meal. This will help to balance the splurges. It will stabilize the blood sugar levels and control the cravings. It may take a conscious effort to do this but it will help balance it.

Good suggestion, Linda. Debra, I think the reality of life is...for those of us who love to eat, and I am definitely one of those people, we need to allow ourselves the "splurge" and then just get back on the wagon. It sounds to me like you are doing that, not just throwing in the towel. For me personally, it is a fight to limit the things I love, but after three rounds on P2 this year, I am finding that easier to do. P2 is so restrictive in my mind that I am willing to cut down on the amounts of food I eat once in maintanence in order to avoid another P2. I would rather have a little bit than none at all. You and Bill have learned how to balance things and how to correct any gains. Enjoy your "splurges"!!

Hey now! That's what I call helpful hints, Linda and Nancy! Excellent idea. Another way of looking at it is to have the splurge be only one meal or only the dessert, instead of one or two whole days of food. Thank you!
    We definitely seem to have created a habit of stopping the splurge. Now, maybe we can shorten the splurge, too.
    In this for life!
    Thanks you guys! We really need each other!
    Last edited by Debra Kern; 11-26-2011 at 07:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread