+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Phase 4 Clients

Is it difficult to keep the weight off. Can you splurge now and again as long as you try to eat healthy and exercise the rest of the time. Our family eats pizza on friday nights and i am hoping to be able to join back in someday. I know I will only be able to have 2 pieces of pizza now instead of 6 or 7 but just would like to be able to have some again someday. Is it harder to keep if off after doing this diet than it is with other diets? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nancybaggot View Post
    I don't even have the cold weather excuse for lack of motivation. I bought a zumba tape and haven't taken it out of the box. Too much going on right now and still trying to keep on track and away from too many holiday goodies. 2011 was my year to lose the weight and 2012 will be my year to firm up and make exercise as much a part of life as eating healthy. You have always done amazing with protocol and maintanence. Congratulations to continuing to rock this thing!!
    Try starting slowly with the exercise. Make a 10 minutes commitment. Go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Eckroad View Post
    Is it difficult to keep the weight off. Can you splurge now and again as long as you try to eat healthy and exercise the rest of the time. Our family eats pizza on friday nights and i am hoping to be able to join back in someday. I know I will only be able to have 2 pieces of pizza now instead of 6 or 7 but just would like to be able to have some again someday. Is it harder to keep if off after doing this diet than it is with other diets? Thanks!
    To me, once you get to the life phase it's all about balance. Want to splurge? Well, balance out by not splurging and maybe using a bit of exercise to balance it out.

Keeping the weight off is entirely up to you. There is no magic solution that's going to work for everyone. Hopefully you learned what is the best foods and what isn't the best combination of foods moving forward. Learning is a HUGE part of maintenance that a lot of people seem to forget. You never stop learning with this program nor should you.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Try starting slowly with the exercise. Make a 10 minutes commitment. Go from there.
    I need to start doing this soon. I've been doing a decent job of making sure I get around 7000-8000 steps per day per my Fitbit I have for insurance discounts through work. I do need to start adding a few more exercises to burn off some of this sugar/starch that I'm starting to eat now in P4.

Try getting an ab workout. P90x has an awesome AB routine that I do in short bursts. I still can't make it through - REALLY hard. ~ Linda

Hey all,
    I am in between Nancy and Jon on P4, but I am still counting P3 days because I haven't yet added anything P4. Having enough trouble staying in range with P3 foods. Sometimes I find snacking through the day helps me, sometimes I end up eating too much. I am figuring it all out. Trying to get in my mid-range before Thursday. We are going all low-carb but I know I will over-eat in quantity.
    It's all good and I am getting calmer about staying in range all the time.
    I am so glad to have this forum to stay sane and get tips from everyone!
    Gotta get my beauty sleep now, but you all will be seeing me!

Debra, I am SO GLAD you are here with us. We all need each other, especially this time of year.

Ugh. I'm going to have to change something up at work. I'm finding myself foraging and snacking more while at my desk. Pretty stressful at work with a major project due and I find myself munching on raw almonds of all things. It's ok to have some, but I think I overdid it yesterday. Need to get up and move away from the desk more often or something.

Good news is it was only a 0.4 pound gain. Bad news is I still need to learn to quit dipping my hand into the almonds as much as I did. Yikes.

Jon, I find when I am stressed if I reach for water or liquid instead and keep my stomach full then snack I will snack less. Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread