+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Phase 4 Clients

I love your honest post Fusian18. Thank you. Unfortunately our food supply requires us to remain more diligent when eating any foods that are processed or high in fat. Exercise allows us to be more lenient with our menu but until they fix our food supply the metabolism will constantly take a hit - like damp rags on a roaring fire. The slower the metabolism the more we store fat. I hear in the media a lot about how our food supply promotes obesity and I believe there is a mindset beginning to form around that concept of changing that. Until that occurs, diligence is going to be the watch word. The fact you are satiated and content with your regular food tends to help and allowing yourself to indulge is important for your mindset. However, that 2 pound rule still applies when we do.
    Just so you know, your body does calm down after a while. Eventually, you will not be as sensitive to processed carbohydrates and you will find what works for you and your body.
    All the best to you, Fusion18. I hope you will drop in on us more.
    Last edited by Sadie; 05-26-2013 at 09:52 AM.

I just wrote a really nice, long response to Fusion18 and hit the wrong button and it's gone.
    Suffice it to say that I understand where you are coming from.
    I have a big sensitivity to nuts, so I don't have them or nut butters in the house.
    I have a friend who meets me at the gym, 3 times per week, for 30 mins on the cross-trainer (VERY easy pace). Been doing that for 4+ years. If she ever quits, that'll be it for me. If she doesn't go, I know I won't go. Thank goodness for her.
    I don't depend on exercise for any part of my weight control. I use only food and I am dedicated to it.
    I hope you feel better soon and can walk some, though.

Debra, I hate it when that happens!!! I have done it so many times and lost the post. I was ready to throw my computer against the wall!
    I am happy that you found a balance for your life. Exercise isn't for some people. I personally look forward to it but I know that isn't the case with all people.

moni232829
    Tomorrow I begin the Phase 4 stage! I'm very excited to be able to introduce more foods into my diet but I know I need to be careful and still watch what I eat and maintain my weight. I have managed to keep my weight between 1 to 1.5 lbs under my LDW and in all honesty am terrified every morning to get on the scale to see what it says. Not because I ate poorly the day before, but I'm just scared of putting on the weight again and seeing the numbers increase. But I still stand on it day after day and once I see the numbers maintain I get that celebratory smile on my face and do a little happy dance. So although I'm excited to introduce new foods into my diet, I am weary and frightened that the scale won't approve. Has anyone else had these anxieties?

Trotter1027
    Oh yes!! Ive done two rounds a few years ago and I remember having such anxieties getting on the scale on Phase 3, and 4. Being able to eat all that food, and new foods like cheese and nut butters....so scary. But surprisingly so easy. I maintained my weight as well on Phase 3, never had to do a lean or steak day. Wahoo!!
    And good for you on maintaining. You will do great. Just stay on track and if and when you fall off the wagon correct it right away. Dont become a slave to the scale, enjoy your life, but correct fluctuations before they get out of hand....this is why a few years later I started a new round yesterday. I am P2D2 right now.

It can definitely be nerve-racking because of all the hard work you put in, in order to get to the point you are at now! Just slowly work in the new foods and you should do great! Let us know if you need anything!
    Sadie Salazar
    sadie@vitalmend.com
    Customer Service Supervisor
    Certified Holistic Health Counselor

Hours: 6am - 2pm MST Monday - Friday

www.YourHCG.com | www.Facebook.com/YourHCG | www.Twitter.com/Your_HCG

It is nice to have some more options on P4, but I always remind myself that I can't/won't go to my old habits or I will also go back to my old weight. P4 is much more tricky. For me, I avoid all processed sugar, most grains, and potatoes. They make me gain. I found that honey and once a week popcorn are OK. So Delicious makes a coconut ice cream that is sweetened with erithritol that is amazing, and didn't affect the scale if I avoided things that turn to sugar before eating it (carbs). Using fitnesspal app or just writing in a notebook helps me play detective for the scale the next morning. Organicville makes honey sweetened peppermint patties for times we need a sweet treat. Good luck everyone, and may the scales be ever in our favor

Wow, congrats! I fear the scale when I try new stuff too! And then add hormones, possible water retention, TOM, not enough sleep and who knows what other things affect and it's enough to pull our hair out! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    I love your honest post Fusian18. Thank you. Unfortunately our food supply requires us to remain more diligent when eating any foods that are processed or high in fat. Exercise allows us to be more lenient with our menu but until they fix our food supply the metabolism will constantly take a hit - like damp rags on a roaring fire. The slower the metabolism the more we store fat. I hear in the media a lot about how our food supply promotes obesity and I believe there is a mindset beginning to form around that concept of changing that. Until that occurs, diligence is going to be the watch word. The fact you are satiated and content with your regular food tends to help and allowing yourself to indulge is important for your mindset. However, that 2 pound rule still applies when we do.
    Just so you know, your body does calm down after a while. Eventually, you will not be as sensitive to processed carbohydrates and you will find what works for you and your body.
    All the best to you, Fusion18. I hope you will drop in on us more.
    I love this, well said
    I wish we had a like button!

moni232829
    I know this question is probably answered somewhere, but I'm the type of person that needs the answers given directly to me so here it goes…..When on P4 is it a good time to try white rice?

+ Reply to Thread