+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Phase 4 Clients

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Reynolds Volkman View Post
    That is amazing I am P3 and have added back exercise but am curious how it will affect LDW as I increase muscle. So far so good. Keep up the good work!! I didn't know that gel padded treadmills existed!
    Initially you might have a bit of a gain but as you continue it will balance out.

Ok LDW was 139.5 back in Dec 2012- Had been doing pretty well stabilizing, doing a steak day when needed. I have been really busy at work and have been just eating salads with lemon/olive oil and some stevia dressing- and some blue cheese with strawberry or green apple and a piece of protein for lunch and dinners- Eating eggs with some cheese for breakfast. Drinking black tea with stevia and creamer for breakfast and of course about 4-6 -Large glasses of H20 all day. But I started gaining and am stuck at 143. It just keeps creeping up. I did do a steak day and dropped a little but then it creeps back on. I know I need to do another steak day BUT I am discouraged that I am not going to be able to keep it off and it is going to be another yo-yo thing.... I did splurge on Mothers Day and had a piece of cake (not a small one) and then also ate some ice cream a couple of days before that... I am getting discouraged and just want to live a normal life and not always be "watching" what I eat. I basically know what I should be doing but I don't want to be consumed with it to the point that I am not just living normally. I am a pretty conscientious person anyhow when it comes to food. I just don't like fast foods or junk food all the time. Most of what I eat is real food and a lot of it is organic- I hardly ever eat out packaged foods. How can I just keep this off without doing a steak day constantly. I feel like that much steak is not good for my health as well.

I am posting here to make sure I get in on all the responses to fusian18.
    Hi, Linda!

Hi Debra! How are you???

Quote Originally Posted by fusian18 View Post
    Ok LDW was 139.5 back in Dec 2012- Had been doing pretty well stabilizing, doing a steak day when needed. I have been really busy at work and have been just eating salads with lemon/olive oil and some stevia dressing- and some blue cheese with strawberry or green apple and a piece of protein for lunch and dinners- Eating eggs with some cheese for breakfast. Drinking black tea with stevia and creamer for breakfast and of course about 4-6 -Large glasses of H20 all day. But I started gaining and am stuck at 143. It just keeps creeping up. I did do a steak day and dropped a little but then it creeps back on. I know I need to do another steak day BUT I am discouraged that I am not going to be able to keep it off and it is going to be another yo-yo thing.... I did splurge on Mothers Day and had a piece of cake (not a small one) and then also ate some ice cream a couple of days before that... I am getting discouraged and just want to live a normal life and not always be "watching" what I eat. I basically know what I should be doing but I don't want to be consumed with it to the point that I am not just living normally. I am a pretty conscientious person anyhow when it comes to food. I just don't like fast foods or junk food all the time. Most of what I eat is real food and a lot of it is organic- I hardly ever eat out packaged foods. How can I just keep this off without doing a steak day constantly. I feel like that much steak is not good for my health as well.
    Fusian18, I am so sorry you are struggling. As life goes on hormones in our body change our metabolism suffers and weight gain can happen. In the last 6 months has your routine changed? Do you exercise regularly? What is your weakness regarding foods and how often do you indulge?
    The problem with our food supply is it is laden with hormones and chemicals that counteract our new reved metabolism and begins to put damp rags over our internal fire. I find that doing a week of Phase 2 type food helps my metabolism to rev a bit and gives me a countermeasure to the damping affect of the food supply.
    I know this isn't ideal and not in the original protocol but Dr. Simeons did not have to contend with the crap in our food chain. Hang in there ok?
    Last edited by Sadie; 05-17-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Oh, Linda, so great! Bill and I are keeping the faith and watching ourselves and really teamed up about food! Of course there are the moments when Bill says, let's get pizza and I turn and look at him and we both crack up laughing!
    He is about LDW+2, maybe 3 and I am LDW+5 today (Mother's Day celebration), but we always manage to get our weight back down via eating right (P3, mostly). I have found that a higher fat content works fine for me, but I still have to watch the calories.
    We have 3 big splurge vacations per year where we eat whatever we want and we are super strict in between the splurges. No fooling around unless we are at LDW.
    How are you doing?

Sounds like "Team Kern" is in great shape. How wonderful to have each other for support.
    I am doing just fine. I had a surgery in January that I have recovered nicely from. My husband says that I am addicted to the support garment they gave me for the surgical site. When I don't wear it I can still feel the area swelling and it is uncomfortable for me so I do wear it quite a bit.

My music is going great and I am gearing up for my first summer vacation since 2005. We are going at the end of June. I - of course - will be working on this site but I am going to enjoy the rest of the time off with my husband and friends.

Well, I will check in here more often. My search for continuing info is still on and always will be! I love new info. I will see you on the site here and be watching for all the victories.
    Enjoy your vacation!!!

Thanks Debra, I look forward to seeing your posts! Bless you sweetie!

Well, I don't exercise. Having some pain in my shoulder and I am in physical therapy for now. I like to walk but don't have much time to do- I guess I need to make that time- My weakness in indulging is fresh baked breads, biscuits with butter, pancakes- So, I don't eat these EVER. When I do really need to eat some I usually will go for the Ezekial Bread and maybe one NO MORE than two slices. It seems to settle with me well. Reg whole wheat bread or any other seems to make me feel sluggish when I eat it. I love ice cream and with it getting hot out I have had those cravings- but again I am trying to eat the purest form of it- Breyers Vanilla- ingredients reading cream, sugar and milk basically no artificial (vanilla is actually my favorite) not too fond of flavors. I AM noticing that I am eating alot more nuts. I love roasted nuts and raw any of them. I still seem to have a noshing need. where I can just open the cabinet and grab something easy and quick. I notice I gain when I have a "nut day" probably too much fat content. I am just trying to stay really conscientious of my food intake. Keeping protein first and surrounding it with fresh veggies and fresh fruits. As far as how often I am splurging? I would say it really depends on what is going on around me. Guests over, I tend to eat a little more. By myself I have more control. But I guess I am splurging, on an average, maybe once a week. I love the concept of the diet and feel like it has worked I just need to constantly be on the alert. I do feel pretty satiated most of the time, but miss just living my life without having to think about it all the time. It has been a challenge changing your thought process when it come to food.
    Last edited by fusian18; 05-26-2013 at 05:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread