+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Diet

The Diet

The 500 Calorie diet must be prepared without any oils or fats and with no spices other than those listed in the below protocol.

Breakfast: Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Liquid Stevia may be used. Saccharine is also allowed but not advised due to the carcinogenic properties associated with it's use.

Lunch:

Protein: 100 grams of veal, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp, beef (London broil or Round steak – only the leanest cut). All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat or oil. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken must be removed from the bird.

Vegetables: Select ONE type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad (lettuce), tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

Bread stick: one Bread stick (Grissini) or one Melba toast.

Fruit: Select one. An apple or an orange or a handful (4-5 medium) of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Dinner: The same four choices as lunch.

Seasonings: The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, powdered garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.

Liquids: Plain Tea (Green, Yerba Mate and Chamomile are advised), coffee, plain water, mineral water are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times. In fact the patient should drink about 2 liters of these fluids per day. Many patients are afraid to drink so much because they fear that this may make them retain more water. This is a wrong notion as the body is more inclined to store water when the intake falls below its normal requirements.
    Last edited by Sadie; 11-16-2011 at 01:05 PM.

I am on R2P2D4. I only put on 1lb during loading and that came off plus another .5lb today. The first time through I made some mistakes, like using moisturizer on my face and using deodorant. I also used lemon pepper on almost every meal I had. So this time through I am attempting to follow the protocol exactly. Am I right in understanding I can use baby oil on my face? Is there any other oil I can use on my skin? I usually take Vitamin D and melatonin. Are these not recommended on the diet either? It seems I read somewhere that we can use 1T of half and half in our coffee. Is that correct on P2 or is that for P3?

Congrats on the weight loss so far. You read about the 1 Tablespoon of milk on the posting at the top of this forum.
    Baby oil is your best option. Vit E is oil and all other oil is banned.
    Melatonin is not advised as it can interfere with the hCG doing it's work

verandatoo
    My husband and I start this journey this coming weekend. I am curious about the amount of vegetables that makes a serving (I could easily eat a whole cucumber if left on my own). Also when they say lettuce must you choose just one kind or can you eat the lettuce mix you see in stores?

I would eat 2/3 of the cucumber. As for lettuce, I would stick with one variety to be safe. Always use unprocessed produce - nothing in pre-washed, pre-measured bags.

Sheltat
    Everywhere I read it says do not mix vegetables during P2. Is that true when having a salad? Can you have lettuce, cucumber and tomato in a small portion size?

It is true, do not mix those together ~ Linda

mdeagle91
    I have a question about the vegetables. The website says "one large handful" of the following veggies. Can you quantify that in terms of ounces or grams, please?

Actually I can't be that specific. I will say this that I would measure out 2 cups of leafy vegetables and 1 cup of all others. Use small to medium tomatoes or up to 5 radishes.

mdeagle91
    Well, that actually helps. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread