+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 403 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Checkin for Encouragement

howdidigethere
    Hey everyone. I have one word for you: SOUP.

Why did I not think of this before. You can make a large quantity of broth when you make your soup. It's hot so it takes longer to eat. I could barely finish mine yesterday. I made a chicken/onion soup and an "italian wedding" soup with london broil and spinach. Tons of spices on both and very yummy

Today is R2P2D5 and I am down 1.1 today. Yay!!

howdidigethere
    Melanie....I'm curious if you are in your last round too. Have you reached your ideal weight yet? Maybe that accounts for the slowdown.

I loved soups and did really well with them. Chicken and celery and also made the marinara with fresh tomatos and cooked my fish in the sauce, turned out like a fish stew, with the liquid from the fish as it cooked adding some flavor to the marinara. Lived on that most of my fifth round. Some people gain with tomatos, but fortunately I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by howdidigethere View Post
    Hey everyone. I have one word for you: SOUP.

Why did I not think of this before. You can make a large quantity of broth when you make your soup. It's hot so it takes longer to eat. I could barely finish mine yesterday. I made a chicken/onion soup and an "italian wedding" soup with london broil and spinach. Tons of spices on both and very yummy

Today is R2P2D5 and I am down 1.1 today. Yay!!
    Nice! I make a nice chicken/onion soup, but I'd be interested in how you did the "wedding soup" for my next round

howdidigethere
    Nancy...I also did the fish and tomatoes but I didnt make lots of "broth" with it and let it be thicker so the overall quantity was smaller.

LadyAjax....I just cubed my london broil into tiny pieces. Browned it real well in a dry sauce pan on medium/high. Deglazed the pan with some ACV and water just to get the brown bits off the bottom. Then I added salt, pepper, oregano, and basil to taste. Added more water to make up the desired amount of broth. Brough to a boil and simmered for maybe 15 minutes. Added more seasoning as needed. Added torn spinach towards the end and enjoyed.

I was going to crumble my grissini and put it in the soup...my version of the "pasta" but I ended up just eating that on its own.

Kelly, my fish soup was sort of thick, too, but I like it that way. Tilapia, chicken and shrimp all made me gag by the end of five rounds...LOL

Thanks Nancy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nancybaggot View Post
    You are almost there, Melanie, and because you are so close, the losses are slower. Just hang tough and I know it is hard, but what is a few more weeks, if necessary, in the scheme of the rest of your life??? Just a bit longer.....remember the little train that could, climbing that hill..."I think I can, I think I can"...well, I KNOW you can!!!!

Yes this is mylast round. R3P2D26
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyAjax View Post
    Is this your last round?

Hi yes this is my last round. My goal is 125 im am in R3P2D26 I am 3.6 lbs away I weighed this morning 128.6
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidigethere View Post
    Melanie....I'm curious if you are in your last round too. Have you reached your ideal weight yet? Maybe that accounts for the slowdown.

WOOHOO!!! You are getting closer and closer, Melanie. Your losses are definitely slow because you are so close to your goal. That is amazing and you just MUST keep going until you are there. You should be soo proud of yourself...heck, I am ticked pink for you. You go girl!!!

+ Reply to Thread