+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 403 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Checkin for Encouragement

Melaine, it is 21 days of VLCD, plus the 2 loading days for a total of 23 days on drops and then 3 weaning days on VLCD without drops...26 days total in P2 minimum. Does that clarify it for you?? Great to see you back, by the way

Jessie, congrats on your loss. You are doing awesome!!

Jacque, I almost never weigh the same thing day after day. I remember this discussion at length on another site and I think stable is no more than about half a pound fluctuation day to day. I have always allowed myself a bit more leeway and as long as I was within the two pound range, LDW +or-2, I was fine with that. There is so much that goes on within our bodies minute to minute, hormonally and on a cellular level and what we eat is only a small part of what makes up our weight. I know the weighing is important, but I think we focus too much on the number and not enough on the process. We know when we followed protocol and when we didn't and if you are up for good reason, own it and move on, and if we followed protocol and are still up, then blow it off and keep truckin'. But that is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by nancybaggot View Post
    We know when we followed protocol and when we didn't and if you are up for good reason, own it and move on, and if we followed protocol and are still up, then blow it off and keep truckin'. But that is just my opinion
    Nancy, I really really appreciate your insight and the wisdom of your experience on this forum. This whole post you made was so helpful, but the part that I quoted just may be the most profound advice I've gotten yet in this journey.
    Thank you!

(Linda did say somewhat the same thing to me earlier on, and that was great and helpful at the time, but for some reason this just profoundly moves me today - thanks to you both!)
    Last edited by LadyAjax; 09-26-2012 at 10:18 PM.

howdidigethere
    Morning all!

R1P4D10....back to just .1 above my LDW Everyone seems to be doing well!

Great work on the losses Jessie...bet it feels good!

Jacque...thanks for singling out the quote from Nancy. I'm not perfect, but when I do find I'm "off my game" so to speak, you just have to move forward. I'm happy with my progress. I jumped up after a bad Sunday but I'm back to where I was by Thursday. I can tell you it would have been much harder for me to accomplish this prior to this process. Makes me very hopeful that I will be able to maintain this well after I am done with my rounds.

alaskanjessie
    Day 11 in P2 and I'm 9.9 pounds down...yay my pants are looser. No more muffin not. I've been finding that I am hungrier this round than I was my first but also my first round was durning the summer so whenever I was hungry I just took a nap, can't do that while I'm at work now can I. 22 days left on the low cal part, I think. I may try to go a couple extra days so that I can lose a couple more pounds but I guess I will see when I get there.

You are doing so well! I know the hunger can change according to the round you are on. A lot of it is mental. Hang in there.

[QUOTE=nancybaggot;16420]Melaine, it is 21 days of VLCD, plus the 2 loading days for a total of 23 days on drops and then 3 weaning days on VLCD without drops...26 days total in P2 minimum. Does that clarify it for you?? Great to see you back, by the way

Thats what i thought ! Thanks Melanie

I have learned so much over the past few years and I love sharing and encouraging others and watching them reach their goals. Thanks girls It helps alot to have others who are going through the same struggles and then to share in the wonder of being thinner and buying smaller clothes. We all know exactly how that feels.

Nancy, I am so grateful you are part of this forum!

R1P3D7 LDW -.2lbs

I have only had about .2lbs differences in each of the last 4 days, so I feel like I have "stabilized" well. Crossing fingers because I know I'm only a week into P3 and things could still change, but I'm feeling good physically and pretty satisfied with my progress.

Hubby is exactly 2lbs under LDW, and maaaay be leveling. He had bounced around at about 3-4lbs under LDW but has come back up some. He THINKS he needs more carbohydrates (because he's still so far below LDW and Simeons says that is as big a problem as over LDW), but is so far still staying on protocol - he's not the biggest "believer" in the whole thing, so he could just slip right off the reservation at the drop of a hat! LOL

We're both enjoying the wider range of food. I just had some greek yogurt with vanilla stevia and some blueberries and it was quite lovely. I'm taking meatballs in an Asian sweet (stevia again) sauce to a potluck tonight - very nice to not feel like a freak at social gatherings! LOL

Jacque, you are both doing very well!! You both have every right to be satisfied My husband is also staying about 3 pounds below LDW but he was really good about staying on protocol. He just completed his first week in P4 and still is stabilizing well. He really avoids alot of carbs anyway, becasue he knows they make him gain, and he still wants to lose another 15-20 pounds on his own. I love the variety in maintanence. I never liked yogurt before, but that Greek yogurt with english toffee stevia is amazing. I do love potatos and we usually share one, and that satisfies both of us. You meatballs sound really yummy. Hope you do well after your potluck. That would be a MAJOR challenge for me. I am much better in restaurants than I am at a buffet or potluck...just still too much of a temptation for me.

+ Reply to Thread