+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 403 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 4027

Thread: Daily Checkin for Encouragement

It is amazing how the tiniest bit of exercise starts to really matter as you come off the protocol and into maintenance. My yoga practice is helping a ton right now. I shed another 1.2 lbs yesterday and now I'm down to 3 lbs left to where I was before I traveled. I measured this morning and discovered I've lost a few more inches from the upper half of my body too, which was a welcome surprise. My thighs, however, REFUSE to budge from their size this round. That's going to have to be an area I really focus on after I'm done with this diet...anyone have any good exercises for busting off some serious thigh fat? What I really look forward to is some light cardio when I'm done w/ the drops. I'm eager to see how far I can run now that I quit smoking!!

I would do burpees, squats and lunges. They are perfect for what you want to address. I am also old school with leg lifts and side leg lifts with weights (when you are ready) on the thigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I would do burpees, squats and lunges. They are perfect for what you want to address. I am also old school with leg lifts and side leg lifts with weights (when you are ready) on the thigh.
    Thanks Linda, I'll have to start doing those when I move into phase 3/4. So after this week, I'll be stopping my drops on day 40. Two solid days of losses and then 0.4 yesterday - bummed because I had about 140-160 oz of water and was hoping to really FLUSH some yuck out of my body. 2.6 lbs to go to get back to where I was before I left on my trip and 4 more days of drops. Still chugging ahead....

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
    Thanks Linda, I'll have to start doing those when I move into phase 3/4. So after this week, I'll be stopping my drops on day 40. Two solid days of losses and then 0.4 yesterday - bummed because I had about 140-160 oz of water and was hoping to really FLUSH some yuck out of my body. 2.6 lbs to go to get back to where I was before I left on my trip and 4 more days of drops. Still chugging ahead....
    LOL Makes me think of: "I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I think I CAN!!"
    You CAN do it Sunflower!!!
    ~Jacqué. Committed to this process and attaining a healthier more active size.

How are you doing Jacque? How goes your round?

R3P2D8
    It's fine. I'm actually sick today (so my P2 Creamy Chicken soup is hitting the spot!).
    For some strange reason I didn't have the big woosh drop in the first 2 days that I have experienced in the past. I AM down 5.2lbs in 5 days (instead of 11-12lbs),and if I had never had the previous experience I wouldn't even think twice about this one, but I have, so I do. If someone else were to report these losses I would encourage and congratulate them. I know many many people only ever have this rate of loss, but I do feel a bit put out, LOL.
    I did have beef the first 2 days, and I know that stalls some people, and although it never has for me (because as a human being I am prone to superstition), I have hence avoided the beef.
    I have had a very moderate amount of fixated food thoughts (compared with before), I have had relatively little actual hunger (as compared with before), some HCG related symptoms (cold all the time, increased bladder control) have come MUCh quicker than before.
    So all-in-all, I think things are going well, I am sticking to protocol.
    P2 is what it is. It is an endurance game.

Wow, I have NEVER had a 10 - 12 pound drop in two days. I always have 5-6 max.
    You are so right it is an endurance game.

No, no. I had 6.4lbs an 6.6lbs drop in the first 2 days of my first 2 rounds, but only 1.2lbs this time.
    Today after 6 days of VLC, I am down 6.4lbs.

Oh I see! That makes more sense. I usually have a maximum of 3 pounds the first 2 days.

Jacque - i wonder if, as you get smaller, the losses get a bit more difficult to work off. like your body is really fighting getting rid of those last layers of fat to protect itself? maybe that's why you didn't lose as much this go round. i lost 4.7 in the first 2 days on my R1 and on R2 it was down to 4.2 - i'd speculate each round would get smaller and smaller, depending on how much you really fat load. if you didn't load as aggressively, there might be less to lose up front?

BTW, i'd love to know the recipe for your creamy chicken soup? that sounds really good. i'm looking for ways to change it up on my last few days of drops

another slow day - 0.2 lbs down and 3 more days of drops to go. if the losses don't pick up, it looks like i won't be able to unwind all the damage i did before i finish P2. boo what i am curious about is the length of time between P3 weeks this time - in R1, it was easy because it was 6 weeks and laid out clearly in the sticky thread. now that it's 8 weeks of maintenance, is there a guideline of how to spread out the time between food increases? i am sure i can figure it out myself, but would be good to have the expert opinion.

+ Reply to Thread