+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 403 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 4027

Thread: Daily Checkin for Encouragement

Yes, I do appreciate your frustration. I know you lose more with lean days but there is a specific biological reason for Dr. Simeon having us do Steak Days and not lean days. Lean days are something I made for my private clients years ago but is not part of the original protocol and was neve meant for use in substitution of a steak day.

So the retreat set you back. Did you eat Phase 3 food during that time or were you just eating whatever?

No, I was 10 days into P4 when the retreat came along, but I certainly wasn't cautious in my P4 eating, kinda threw the "add one thing at a time" thing out the window. I knew that I would probably have a gain after the retreat and that I would need to do some correction. I just didn't anticipate the correction to be so long and grueling.
    My first step WAS a steak day, then a lean day, then another steak day, then another lean day, then a 3rd steak day and after that I just felt like back-to-back-to-back steak days was too draining on me (and my family! LOL)
    ~Jacqué. Committed to this process and attaining a healthier more active size.

Hey! Sorry about the late replies
    L-Glutamine (Or just Glutamine) is the most commonly produced Amino Acid in your body. It is used for everything from Immune system bolstering, neuron repair to muscle repair and HGH manufacturing inside the body. It is what the body pumps out to fix you in the highest quantities.

OTS is over training syndrome. It is what happens when you push harder and faster than your body can keep up with repairing. I am now capable of things I was not prior to my weight loss and would push myself until I felt the way i felt on a normal workout prior to my HCG weight loss. Well... with the weight loss came an increase in endurance and stength. My muscles were no longer having to compensate for the extra fat I was carrying. So, in short, I was going far beyond what I thought I was.

So, I have been prescribed 3 days off NOW, advised to eat about 9000 milligrams of Glutamine daily (Split between two smoothies) and only workout 5 days a week. And most of all, slow down. I thought i was pacing myself, but I also have an extraordinarily high pain threshold. Also, I am to keep protein loading. After the overdose of Glutamine, I am to continue taking about 4500 milligrams every morning.

To say it has improved energy and recovery is an understatement. I am also much more mentally alert.

Bear in mind, I cleared 100% of this with my doctor and he uses Glutamine on patients with compromised immune systems and fibrmialgya just to name a few. He said I am doing the right thing, and he tells his personally injected HCG patients to use it in P3. I am not saying everyone should, I will leave that to Linda. I am saying what my doctor and PT has told me.
    - James
    Bass playing maniac and IT Monkey

As of this morning, I am 3.2 below LDW, and can NOT WAIT for protein loading tomorrow, and I hope it helps with this hunger. Looking forward to my 1 whole egg plus 2 (3?) egg whites for breakfast!!

1 whole egg 2 egg whites. Your hunger will be gone by your snack. If not i want to know right away. Hang in there.
    You are almost home free tygereye.
    Last edited by Sadie; 05-12-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    1 whole egg 2 egg whites. You hunger will be gone by your snack. If not i want to know right away. Hang in there.
    You are almost home free tygereye.
    I will definitely keep you posted!!

I have heard a lot of chatter lately about l-glutamine as a cravings inhibitor. I just ordered some, thanks for the info James. I was kinda on the fence about it, but your endorsement tipped the scales, LOL
    ~Jacqué. Committed to this process and attaining a healthier more active size.

Quote Originally Posted by insanebassman View Post
    Hey! Sorry about the late replies
    L-Glutamine (Or just Glutamine) is the most commonly produced Amino Acid in your body. It is used for everything from Immune system bolstering, neuron repair to muscle repair and HGH manufacturing inside the body. It is what the body pumps out to fix you in the highest quantities.

OTS is over training syndrome. It is what happens when you push harder and faster than your body can keep up with repairing. I am now capable of things I was not prior to my weight loss and would push myself until I felt the way i felt on a normal workout prior to my HCG weight loss. Well... with the weight loss came an increase in endurance and stength. My muscles were no longer having to compensate for the extra fat I was carrying. So, in short, I was going far beyond what I thought I was.

So, I have been prescribed 3 days off NOW, advised to eat about 9000 milligrams of Glutamine daily (Split between two smoothies) and only workout 5 days a week. And most of all, slow down. I thought i was pacing myself, but I also have an extraordinarily high pain threshold. Also, I am to keep protein loading. After the overdose of Glutamine, I am to continue taking about 4500 milligrams every morning.

To say it has improved energy and recovery is an understatement. I am also much more mentally alert.

Bear in mind, I cleared 100% of this with my doctor and he uses Glutamine on patients with compromised immune systems and fibrmialgya just to name a few. He said I am doing the right thing, and he tells his personally injected HCG patients to use it in P3. I am not saying everyone should, I will leave that to Linda. I am saying what my doctor and PT has told me.
    James, that was one of my concerns when you said you were starting to exercise more. Promise me you won't hurt yourself further.
    As far as using this during Phase 2 - sorry, no suppliments are allowed. However, I see no reason to not use this in Phase 3 and beyond.

Hello everyone!!! So today starts my protein loading days... This morning I woke up exactly 1 pound over my weight yesterday, but, still 2.2 under LDW. I ate perfectly yesterday with the VLCD, so I don't know why I was a pound up, but, hopefully the protein loading will fix it...

This morning I woke up, excited to be able to have eggs for breakfast... Now, I am not usually an egg person, but, WOW that first bite was heavenly!! LOL!! Each consecutive bite was a little less heavenly, but oh well. I ate it... I need to figure out what to do to my eggs, so that I enjoy them more... Then I missed my morning protein snack, because I was at church, but, had an orange mid service... Then, came home to 6.5 ounces of chicken, and some cucumber... YUM!!

I have a roasting chicken in the oven, and it should be done in about 2-ish hours, but I will likely have a piece of fish, or something as a snack before it is done, and will eat some of that for dinner, how soon is tuna allowed? Can I use that during my protein loading?

So I think today went ok... I hope I got in enough protein. I will be waiting on tuna, for the next week, since the first week of phase 3 is supposed to be the same as P2, just larger amounts.. (Duh). I swear I have lost brain function somewhere during this!! I need to find some brain supplements...

+ Reply to Thread