+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 403 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 4027

Thread: Daily Checkin for Encouragement

sierra
    Quote Originally Posted by tygereye View Post
    I didn't have any popcorn yesterday, and I am looking forward to the day I can add it back in... (I am hoping at some point in P3? As long as it is small amounts) I already told hubby that when I can eat it again, he will get the big bowl, and I will have to limit myself to the smaller bowls... I just hope and pray it doesn't wind up being a "gain trigger" for me. I use real, organic butter, and sea salt to season, and we get our popcorn from a local cider mill. Fingers are crossed!!!

Deathpixi - YAY!!!!! I hope you will see that 15 marker tomorrow!!

James - Congrats on Phasing out!!! Keep up the awesome good work! You and Crystal are an inspiration!!

Sierra - Thanks for the words of wisdom... I just hope popcorn isn't my downfall...

R1P2D1 247.5 (gained 3.5 on loading days)
    R1P2D16 235.2!!! Down 12.3 pounds!!! YAY!!!
    You are so welcome. I started out weighing 268 September 21, 2012 is the day I changed my life.
    I got my order and went all in. I made a few mistakes my first round (not knowing) and seen what happens.
    It wasn't good for me to see a three pound gain from two shots of vodka. This girl wasn't thinking at the time.

Once I did that. I never had the temptation to have anything outside of protocol. I am down to 183.1. The loss is there.
    You just have to stay focused. If you start feeling a craving. Take a walk. Go to a park and read, Go hiking, Do Yoga, Paint, draw,
    make clothes or blankets, find a hobby that will keep you busy. Transitioning from one life to another is never easy. stay strong and
    you will do just fine. =]

sierra
    Quote Originally Posted by insanebassman View Post
    Mornin!
    Had a rough day yesterday and did 3 bad things: Did not hydrate very well while rehearsing in a space that has no air conditioning. (It hit 90 yesterday)
    Did not really have a lunch - just snacked
    had too much almond flour banana bread after dinner.

as a result - up 1.8

Crystal is steady!
    At least you are aware of the cause. You have tomorrow, James. Are you going to do a steak day?

Not quite a steak day, but I will be doing a good protein load with heavy hydration. I will also be walking a mile at lunch.
    Congrats on your 2 pound drop! You are doing what I did... I stayed about 5 -6 pounds under LDW all through P3
    - James
    Bass playing maniac and IT Monkey

Tigereye, thaks! And good job on the popcorn!!
    - James

Congrats Deathpixi!!
    - James

Quote Originally Posted by sierra View Post
    Yesterdays R2P3D33 Did five weeks on P3

R2P4D1 on to four weeks of P4
    Okay, so I went an extra few days on P3 and I'm ready to move on.

I woke to a 2 lbs loss. I am now down five lbs. under my LDW. This
    takes me to 183.1 I am going to have to tweak my plan a bit. I was
    thinking I wasn't going to loss much else, but from the looks of if. My
    body has planned on moving. I'm not to sure of how much, but it's moving.

My June 2 goal has changed from 170 to 160. I'm feeling encouraged and very
    sure I can hit it. I'm focused and determined to get to my home goal by Sept. =]

Have a great day all.
    Awesome!! I will be looking forward to you getting to your goal!! My goal (long term) is to get back to around 150-ish... I deployed to Hawaii for 7 months, and did A LOT of running on the base, and when I got back from that deployment, I was 155, but still needed some toning, that would have amounted to about 5 - 10 pounds. However, since then, I have had my daughter, and a set of twins as a gestational surrogate, so, if that number isn't attainable, I am not too concerned... I just want to be comfortable with how I look again, and be able to buy cute clothes from the non-plus department...

Quote Originally Posted by sierra View Post
    You are so welcome. I started out weighing 268 September 21, 2012 is the day I changed my life.
    I got my order and went all in. I made a few mistakes my first round (not knowing) and seen what happens.
    It wasn't good for me to see a three pound gain from two shots of vodka. This girl wasn't thinking at the time.

Once I did that. I never had the temptation to have anything outside of protocol. I am down to 183.1. The loss is there.
    You just have to stay focused. If you start feeling a craving. Take a walk. Go to a park and read, Go hiking, Do Yoga, Paint, draw,
    make clothes or blankets, find a hobby that will keep you busy. Transitioning from one life to another is never easy. stay strong and
    you will do just fine. =]
    I think at my heaviest, I was about 265-267... I got sick one summer, and couldn't hardly eat, and dropped down to 205. I had several tests, and stuff done at the doctors office, but they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I lived on fruit smoothies, and toast for a very long time... That was not fun. I finally just stopped going to the doctor because all they wanted to do was run more and more tests, or put me on this or that medication, with no idea why I was sick, or what the meds would do. I decided that as long as the weight loss was the only side effect, I was ok, and I just didn't worry about it. Gradually, I got better, and unfortunately started gaining again... go figure... I know I will need at least 2 full rounds to get to where I need/want to be, and maybe a 3rd. But I have my end goal on my mind, and the support of my hubby, so I am doing well so far...

My 10 year old daughter was constantly "You can't have that?? I am so sorry mommy" at almost every meal... Spaghetti, tacos, steaks, whatever her and hubby were having... So finally yesterday, I told her that it was ok that I couldn't have the things they were having. That I was doing this for a better more healthier me, that it wasn't permanent, and that I was totally ok with not being able to eat those things with her and her daddy... She seems to have finally accepted it. I will someday be able to eat those things, I just need to make sure they are in smaller portions, and free of being processed with added chemicals... My husband has even shown interest in doing this when he retires, and isn't working any more. His current job is rather physical, meaning he is on his feet constantly, and lifting, moving boxes and such... Hopefully he will retire soon, and then can lose his weight as well...

Happy Monday morning all! Seems everyone is doing well. I like your plan for the correction to your weight James. Great advice Sierra! I find if you just change your activity those cravings leave. Most times cravings are a prompt brought on mentally by an activity or surroundings. If you ride the wave it will end eventually.
    Tygereye, isn't your daughter precious! I am so glad they are both on board with their support!
    Last edited by Sadie; 04-15-2013 at 09:37 AM.

I am no where near Phase 3 yet, but would this, or some version of it be a good protein packed snack for phase 3? Either on the protein loading days, or later for Breakfast? (Likely using turkey, or another form of meat protein) Not sure if the link will work, let me know if it doesn't...

http://www.menshealth.com/guy-gourme...d-omelet-bites

sierra
    Quote Originally Posted by insanebassman View Post
    Not quite a steak day, but I will be doing a good protein load with heavy hydration. I will also be walking a mile at lunch.
    Congrats on your 2 pound drop! You are doing what I did... I stayed about 5 -6 pounds under LDW all through P3
    Your plan sounds great to me. Thanks, =]
    I was thinking I wasn't going to lose any more after this round so late in the game.
    I lost 10 pounds after my round before this one Everyday after my LDW. It just goes to show that every round has it's own characteristics
    and should never be compared. Great job in your keeping steady as well. =]

+ Reply to Thread