+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any benefit to not breaking out the "snacks"

howdidigethere

Any benefit to not breaking out the "snacks"

So I am on my 3rd day of drops, first VLCD. My question is, what are the benefits, if any, to eating your fruit and breadstick as a snack and not with your "meal"?

I didn't really feel hungry, but at about 10:30 I decided to eat my half grapefruit and breadstick...probably more or less because if felt weird to not eat this morning and not be hungry :-)

Does it make a difference?

PS...never used Stevia until now and that stuff is AWESOME! Totally seeing it save me from sweet cravings!

There are psychological benefits of making you feel that you are getting food if you are suffering mental hunger.

I find that some days are harder than others, physically and mentally, on this protocol. The grisinni and the fuit are great for a treat, but not necessary if you are doing OK. I love to chop up an apple and sprinkle with cinnamon and zap in the microwave. Also, freeze your strawberries and blend them with water, lemon juice and stevia for a slushy. Someone also suggested to put cinnamon and stevia on the melba or grisinni and it is like a little sweet treat...tricks that help you through the strict P2 protocol. And you are right about the stevia. I have 9 bottles in my fridge, all lined up in a row. Remember to limit to about 20-25 drops per day. Good luck and keep in touch.

So true Nancy about some days just seeming harder than others. Persevere and you will be so glad you did.

howdidigethere
    Thanks Nancy...I posted this on my other thread but since you mention it here.....

You say to limit the drops to 20-25 per day. I would say I have probably exceeded that. I will monitor it from now on, but any harm done in the meantime?

howdidigethere
    And I see your response on the other thread was it may slow losses :-) Wish there was a way to delete/edit posts! Thanks for the info!

With this site, it gets a bit confusing to remember where you saw what. Probably no damage done during the first week, since your losses are usually hgihest then anyway. Linda might have a better answer for you, but since it is already done, you can't change it, so I wouldn't sweat it. We all had things we did "wrong" early on that we did not know were wrong. I am still learning things after five rounds that I never knew

losses highest...I am a terrible typist, by the way

+ Reply to Thread