+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating a lot of protein and still gaining :(

Unhappy Eating a lot of protein and still gaining :(

Ok. Sunday was my last day on drops. My weight was 111.3, then Monday, tuesday, Wednesday, I continued the VLCD, Thursday morning I weighed myself and it was 109. I ate so much protein, like 7 or 8 cans of tuna, like 5 of them were the 130 ounce cans and one was a 250 ounce can. I think I had 2 cups of quinoa too, and two apples. Friday morning my weight was 111.something. Throughout that day I had 2 cups of quinoa, a big can of tuna, an apple, 3 more small tunas, 1 and a half cup of quinoa and like a cup and a help of fresh spinach, and 2 more small cans of tuna. (Iím a pescatarian) Saturday morning my weight was 113.7. I didn't know whether to not to do a steak day. I was reading through the forum and someone else was asking about a weak day on the second day of maintenance and you said not to, but to just keep eating a lot of protein. I also hadnít really gone to the bathroom (as little kids say #2) since my last day on the VLCD and I knew all the proteins I was eating weighed a lot. I also hadnít slept well and had burned myself, and I think this is my time of the month to PMS....but not sure. (Iíve also had ACV and over a gallon of water every day) Then this morning I slept a lot longer because I was so tired. The past two days I weighed myself at like 8, today it was like 9:45, and I know the later you go without eating in the morning the lower the weight goes, and it was 113.6 again. Itís my 4th day on maintenance and I know the first 3-4 days on maintenance are supposed to be really high protein all day. But Iím already 2 pounds over my LDW. Should I do a steak day? Iím so confused. or should I eat a lot of protein today since itís just the 4th protein loading day? and I still havenít really gone to the bathroom. Itís a sunday so you probably wonít be able to answer today. Have I been eating enough protein? Iíve been really trying to eat a lot of it. Tomorrow will be my 5th day on maintenance. I think Iíll try to eat a lot of protein again today and if itís still not stable tomorrow Iíll do a steak day. I donít know. Iím confused. Help. I havenít even added any fats yet.

Your problem is the quinoa...that is not allowed until P4. Protein load is supposed to be strictly protein and fresh fruits and veggies, not grains. Until you hear back from Linda, and she does check in everyday, stick with protein and see what she tells you about dealing from here on. I do n't really know how to advise you, since you had added in the quinoa. Sounds like you had a great P2 and congratulations on the losses.

Thanks Nancy. The quinoa is on the vegan vlcd protocol list of foods and I ate in on phase two without problem, but I’ll leave it out now. Haven’t eaten any of it today so that’s good...

Well JJ...I am not familiar with the vegan VLCD protocol, so definitely need to let Linda clarify for you. I would still think that the P3 would be the same as far as not adding back in carbs until P4, but I do not know for sure.

Linda...help here, please

Ok, thank you Nancy! I didn’t eat any quinoa yesterday. Ate tuna and eggs and apple and cabbage and lettuce yesterday.
    Today, slept till 10 cuz i didn’t have class this morning and had a massive migraine and when i weighed myself it was 111.
    Phew!
    But these migraines I’ve been getting lately make it really hard to eat. It’s 12 now and it just now eased up enough that I could eat a piece of fruit without puking.
    How much do I have to eat today without messing anything up? I’m day 5.
    And does anyone know why I’m getting these? I’ve never before until like 2 months ago.

JJ, quinoa is never allowed on maintenance just as the melba toast and grissini are not allowed. All of them are starches and will ruin your reset if you continue eating it. No more quinoa ok?

I have no idea why you are getting a migraine. It could be the change in food is shocking your body. Are you still drinking lots of water? Green Tea?

I don’t know that it’s the range in food. I started hcg April 19 and probably I think in May sometime I got my first 3 days of migraines. Then I was ok for a few weeks, until it happened again, still on the drops. Now I’m off the drops and it happened again. I’m drinking a lot of water. I added salt because I thought maybe low sodium was the problem but nope. Did you ask about green tea because caffeine is supposed to help headaches?

Yes and its detoxing affect as well. Try backing off of dairy and see if that doesn't help. Let me know.
    Last edited by Sadie; 06-19-2012 at 09:57 AM.

I already don’t eat dairy. Gluten, dairy, and soy, I can’t have because I’m allergic to them. I’m so high maintenance in the food department, and then I’m a pescatarian just to make myself even more complicated. Haha! No, it’s really just because I love animals. It works out though because I’m A- blood type, and A blood is supposed to only eat fish if it eats meat at all.

+ Reply to Thread