+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Picky Eater

Picky Eater

Hello! I'll be starting the diet in a couple weeks, and I was looking over the allowed foods and the recipes to go with them. Only a handful seem very appealing. Does eating the protocol foods for the P2 Diet in the same manner in any way decrease effectiveness-i.e. home made dehydrated spinach, raw oranges, grilled chicken and the grissini breadstick for every meal?
    I'm not a huge fan of vegetables, but I LOVE making home made "chips" out of them. Radish, kale, and spinach are all super tasty if you just dehydrate them with salt and pepper in the over.
    So basically I'm asking if I have to have a variety, or if I can eat the same few things every day?

kateedavison
    Quote Originally Posted by Emprah View Post
    Hello! I'll be starting the diet in a couple weeks, and I was looking over the allowed foods and the recipes to go with them. Only a handful seem very appealing. Does eating the protocol foods for the P2 Diet in the same manner in any way decrease effectiveness-i.e. home made dehydrated spinach, raw oranges, grilled chicken and the grissini breadstick for every meal?
    I'm not a huge fan of vegetables, but I LOVE making home made "chips" out of them. Radish, kale, and spinach are all super tasty if you just dehydrate them with salt and pepper in the over.
    So basically I'm asking if I have to have a variety, or if I can eat the same few things every day?
    I can't imagine it would be bad? I too love dehydrated greens. The only thing is we would have to drink heaps of water to counteract it. I'm starting HCG after 4th of July. What date are you starting?

K

Kate, so long as the dehydration process does not add an unusually high amount of salt. On the protocol you want to eat the same amount of salt every day, that way it isn't a factor in weight loss. Remember that with the amount of water you are drinking you will need salt to balance your eletrolytes so please use the same amound everyday.

kateedavison
    Thanks Linda! It is amazing how much salt can effect water retention. I'll be sure to stick to the same amount each day.

You will do well then. Just don't avoid it altogether.

@Kate, I'm starting on the 1st of July! I'm so excited! It will be interesting to share out journeys on the forums since we're starting around the same time!
    @Linda, I wouldn't be using too much salt, but thank you for the tip! I will make an effort to use the same amount! Did you have any input on the effects of eating essentially the same thing every day?

I never had a problem with it. I would switch proteins and vegetables for lunch and dinner but always ate the same 2 protein and vegetable choices.

Super! Thank you~!

Sorry, are you on the HCG protocol? If so, there is a very specific list of food you can eat. Only this listed food is allowed.

+ Reply to Thread