+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Phase 3 (1st week)

Go back up to Linda's instructions for Phase 3 - there's a link to a list of non starchy vegetables right there.

I don't really understand why certain things are allowed and others aren't, but Barbara is right about the yourhcg list being on the website. We certainly have alot more choices in P3 than we had in P2, so I am always happy to hold off on the full range of foods until P4. So how are things going for you? I was up 0.2 this morning, but we ate out yesterday, so I am definitely happy it wasn't more. Back on track today and loving P3.

Nancy, 0.2 is a small price to pay a Mexican restaurant. So happy for you.

My thought too, Linda. I know the cardiologists tell you that Mexican and pizza are two things we should never eat, and I LOVE them both. Have to find a way to get my fix and still be healthy...rarely and in small amounts, but not "never" in my book

Banned
    Thank you for the reminder to check Linda's instructions for P3. She had a link to the ADA for the list
    of non-starchy veggies. On the list was zucchini-plus I was shocked to see sugar snap peas, carrots and rutabaga. So I'm still confused...where did Linda get the no zucchini rule?

Banned
    Today was 1egg/2 whites with spinach. Chicken for a snack. Lunch was tuna on a salad of lettuce,cukes, tomatoes and peppers. Leftover tuna for snack. Dinner beef and same salad as lunch. Fruit was strawberries and an orange. Oh yes 2 T of cream in my coffee!

I checked the list again myself, and you are right about the link. However, this is my 5th round and following Linda's guidelines (which aren't really her guidelines, but those of Dr. Simeon) has not failed me yet. I did deviate last round and as a result, had to redo the round becasue I did not get a proper reset. There are many different "plans" out there and people who do not follow the original protocol, but yourhcg follows the guidelines set out by Dr Simeon in Pounds and Inches. Looks like you are doing great on your food choices. What day is this for you? I am R5P3D8 and at LDW+1. I do not worry about ups and downs as long as I stay within the two pound range. By the way, did you ever get my email?? I sent it a third time and also sent you my private email address.

Banned
    Hi nancy, I never got your email but will check my junk and spam - no offense! I gained 1.8 from the menu I sent you- found it very discouraging. I'm now terrified that I'm going to have to do a steak day on my third day of P3. I'm only .9 away. This is what happened my last 3 rounds - huge weight gains and up to 2 steak days a week. What am I going to do?

Today was eggs, chip, tuna, 1/2 apple, celery, chix, chix, salad, green beans, and strawberries, Doing the protein loading with 4-6 at meals and 3 at snacks.

You probably need a bit more protein...6-8 ounces at mealtime and 3-4 ounces for your two snacks. I am on D8, but I was actually over the 2 pound mark for two days becasue I was not eating enough protein. Your food choices are good, though not sure what chip is...but you need more protein. When you gain early in P3, it is usually not enough protein, unless you are adding in things to soon, like cheese and nuts. Don't do a steak day this early...just focus on the protein and see how your weight does. It does not make sense that the more you eat the less you weigh, but with the protein, it is the case. I was down 1.4 this morning finally, so only now 1 pound above LDW and I stuck with chicken and tuna all day yesterday. Also, I responded to your private message on this site and sent you my home email...not sure why you are not getting the emails.

Banned
    Thank you! Chip is cihix without my glasses!

+ Reply to Thread